It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User
Should I get snap ins???

All I wanna do is to be able to TALK!! I miss that so much!! I can still talk in my head, which is good, but doesn't do me much good in the real life..I am still on my temps, and on Monday I can talk OK, but by Friday, it's hit or miss. Why is that??? And I'm scared to talk to anybody, because I don't know if I'll be able to talk or not..-I can't say yesterday etc..- sometimes I can, sometimes I can't.. That's ALL I want to do is talk again..That is what has gotten me so depressed-that I MAY or MAY NOT be able to talk????

Advice PLEASE!!!!
I saw so many people with fake teeth today (you can tell by their gums) they can talk perfectly fine- why not me?? Except for Mondays??

Old 07-02-2006, 06:36 AM   #2
(female)

NYtoTN HB User
Re: Should I get snap ins???

Sounds like you have a bad fit. Or maybe dry mouth. My temps are getting loose and sometimes it's difficult to talk. Especially if my mouth is dry. I drink lots of water. It seems that when my mouth is dry there is not enough suction to hold the dentures up tightly enough to talk. Especially now that they are loose.
Try swallowing or sucking on the denture to form a suction before you speak.
Also ask the dentist to check the fit. They are probably too loose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hope4All HB UserHope4All HB User

wintersun, I'm also getting frustrated with the speech problem. I still cant say six or anything with an S or X in it. All my dentist says is PRACTICE!!!!
Well I'm 3 months into this and I don't think anymore practicing will help. I also think its my "fit", but they will never say its the denture they place the blame on us. I should have found a dentist who actually WEARS dentures.

As far as snap ins go, I'm not brave enough for that stuff.....you are a much braver woman than me.....lol

Hope

Old 07-03-2006, 09:01 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User

Well, they ARE pretty loose-but they stay in good with the glue- but I need a better fit. The dentist said he would not make me ones with no back teeth-

ARGH!!!!

And for the best sucess to get snap ins-OR is he just trying to line his wallet???

Old 07-03-2006, 09:16 PM   #5
(female)

NYtoTN HB User

Wintersun.... I just want you to know that not all "snap on" or mini implants are successful. All but one of mine took into my bone. The rest had to be removed... which was just like having more extractions. I have to wait several months for the bone to heal and the dentist will try to place them again. So now I have only one implant with my immediate dentures. To be honest they do help to keep the dentures in. Even just the one I have has held them in for me when they slipped. My immediates are getting very loose and if I didn't have that one implant I would have lost them a few times. So now, if I'm lucky, I will have all my implants in several months. But it's not a guarantee. Make sure that the dentist checks your bone and is sure that it will hold the implants.
Good Luck!

Old 07-04-2006, 09:15 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoTN
Wintersun.... I just want you to know that not all "snap on" or mini implants are successful. All but one of mine took into my bone. The rest had to be removed... which was just like having more extractions. I have to wait several months for the bone to heal and the dentist will try to place them again. So now I have only one implant with my immediate dentures. To be honest they do help to keep the dentures in. Even just the one I have has held them in for me when they slipped. My immediates are getting very loose and if I didn't have that one implant I would have lost them a few times. So now, if I'm lucky, I will have all my implants in several months. But it's not a guarantee. Make sure that the dentist checks your bone and is sure that it will hold the implants.
Good Luck!
Were your teeth attached immediately to the implants? If you are to take them out by snapping them on and off? If this is the case I am not surprised they didn't work. I had immediate but my implants were not disturbed not even by chewing as I was not permitted to chew for 5 months. Implants must be completely still like a broken bone needs to be stablized to heal.

Hate to say this but often the success of implants boils right down to the skill of the Doctor.

Closed Thread