It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2006, 11:36 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User
Will snap ons make me able to TALK???? I miss that SO MUCH!

I see people on TV rattling away- they aint got a thought in there head-just rattling away.. I look at them and think- DO YOU KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO EVEN TALK???? i CAN'T DO THAT ANYMORE COS OF THESE STUPID TEETH THAT i THOUGHT WAS GONNA SOLVE ALL MY PROBLEMS.. My Prosothdondist said false teeth never solve nothing.. And I sAID, but I thought they would..I thought they were going to solve ALL of my problems and I would be like the girl in the commercial. I thought maybe people didn't wanna talk to me because I had nasty teeth- and they didn't wanna look at it..And then I relized that it was just me..They just didn't wanna talk to ME!
So much for my self disvovery.
That wasn't it at all- they just didn't like ME.
I got my teeth done and my whole personality changed-I wasn't even me anymore..
I was so self aware, and intimidated- I wasn't even ME anymore..
I was some stupid b---that got her teeth done, and regretted it ever since..
I am Soooo sorry and regret everything... but it's too late... pray for me... I love you all..That sounds pretty dire. -not so- my health improved GREATLY after getting my teeth pulled- I had to do it for my health..If anyone wants to know what my health problems were, and how they cleared up, I'd be happy to tell you..
I felt like I was dizzy and gonna faint all the time- no more!
I couldn't walk a straight line..
I had heart palpatations all the time- no more!!
I had panic attacks-no more!!I had angina pains all the time- no more!!

Last edited by wintersun; 07-01-2006 at 11:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2006, 07:05 AM   #2
(female)

NYtoTN HB User
Re: Will snap ons make me able to TALK???? I miss that SO MUCH!

Wintersun, sweetie, I don't even know you personally. But I like you just from reading your posts. You're being too hard on yourself. I'll bet people are picking up on your insecurity. Sometimes when people are insecure they tend to appear conceited because they are not outgoing. I used to be painfully shy and people thought that I was conceited. Maybe you have to take the first step. Be the first one to speak. Say "hello" more often. And smile. That all helps to let people know that you are approachable. Try it and I'll bet you will see a change in how people treat you.
You took a giant step in the right direction by getting dentures. You are now healthy and attractive. There are so many who can't say that.
Please try to be more positive. Dentures require a big adjustment to your life and your lifestyle.
We are all here for you to vent your feelings.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hope4All HB UserHope4All HB User

Wow wintersun, you sound like me!!!! I'm very shy, and I have anxiety issues!!! Also the dizziness I can relate too, every couple of months I get this dizzy feeling that last ALL day long and stays with me for a week and then Bam its gone. Its not the dizzy room is spinning but Off balance, like your gonna tip over and fall.

I for one LOVE YA!!! I think you have a great personality......my husband told me when he first met me he thought I was stuck up, but then after he got to know me he understood that wasn't the case at all, just my shyness. I also hate meeting new people, I'm always worried what they are thinking about me, and I swear in my MIND its NEVER GOOD!!!!

If you ever need to talk I'm here for you! Im glad all your health problems have gotten better. As for my dizziness it hasn't hit for awhile and I'm 3 months since the extractions......I wont be able to tell if having my teeth pulled cleared up this problem until a full year.

Hope

Old 07-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

JenniferE HB User

The snap on dentures will provide some more stability than just using adhesives, but you will need to learn to speak again wearing them. You'll have to train your muscles on how to move properly again as well as training your tongue muscle. They will take a bit to get used to, but because of the stability, it'll be a little easier and you will have less worries about them. Some people with dentures fear that if they speak, the denture will pop right out of their mouth and things along those lines. As long as the denture fits properly, you'll be ok and shouldn't fear speaking again.

Stand in front of a mirror and just talk naturally. Walk around the house and talk to the pets, family members, or just randomly talk to yourself. This will help you get comfortable with speaking so you will be less apprehensive when speaking with someone in the grocery store or wherever.

Not being able to speak or eat properly, are common fears that people with dentures or about to get dentures face. It's also nothing to be ashamed or embarassed about. It just takes some practise and the proper fit, and you'll be chatting away in no time.

Old 07-03-2006, 05:32 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

Oh my sweet friend. You have people that like you especially me. If anyone could benefit from implants it would be you. But if you do get implants please do not modify them yourself but have a dental professional do it. Could some of the issues of not being able to speak be from cutting the back teeth off your dentures and the teeth no longer fitting well enough. You mentioned that you often take them out.

Yes the security of snap on teeth will give you the smile you have been dreaming of. God bless your precious heart my sweet friend.

Anita

Closed Thread