It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
Inactive

kevinnader HB User
Is it possible for mouth sores or canker sores or ulcers to last 3-4 weeks?

well,

Ive been having trouble with sores or canker sores or somin in my mouth in the last 3-4 weeks at least. If I eat certain stuff then all sudden my mouth gets irritated. I cant even like find them in my mouth. It seems like its on the side or cheek of my mouth, but it also is at the way back of my mouth on both sides at times. It was fine today until I had a Jr. Bacon cheeseburger and crispy chicken sandwich from wendys. Eventually with time the pain and irritation got less and less. Then for my lunch break at work I had chocolate chip cookies and 2 big ham sandwiches with mustard. Once again,my mouth got very irritated and this lasted good while. It seems like at the back of my mouth on both sides it really hurt and was irritated. I just cant shake this off. I dont know if its little tiny ulcers or canker sores or what. I cant really find anything in my mouth.

Oh..I just ate a banana and that irritated my mouth once again..ugh

at times its annoying cause i cant pinpoint the area in my mouth or I cant find the sores..

Last edited by kevinnader; 07-02-2006 at 08:42 PM.

Old 07-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

JenniferE HB User
Re: Is it possible for mouth sores or canker sores or ulcers to last 3-4 weeks?

You really need to go to your dentist and have your mouth examined. Make a list of the foods and drinks that trigger the soreness and take it with you to the dentist. You also want to make note of any mouthwashes and toothpastes that you use, and any medications that you take. It's possible that ulcers, or other types of sores are developing, but it could also be something else.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2006, 06:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User

Have you looked at the insides of your cheeks? You may have something called Oral Lichen Planus, and this will cause soreness inside the mouth. Many times this appears as 'lines' on the inside of your cheeks and also in the back area of your cheeks down by your wisdom teeth. Look online and find some pictures of it and see if your mouth looks like this.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:37 PM   #4
Inactive

kevinnader HB User

something else? like..?? i was just at dentist last week for a cleanup and forgot to mention it. Plus at the time it wasnt annoying me. It doesnt really until I eat certain crap.

When lichen planus is very severe, especially if the underside of the tongue is involved, there is a slightly increased risk of developing oral cancer.

Oh I so wanted to read that. I have ENOUGH ANXIETY. I dont want to research this crap online cause. anyway. I only found one picture of it and u could hardly see anything.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Dan_Sims HB User

Kevin the same thing happens to me.
I always seem to get canker sores.
Its like, one heals then another one grows.
My canker sores usually last 2 weeks.
They can be very iritatating.

The best product i'v found for canker sores are Orajel.
I get both the liquid version and the gel version.
Sometimes the canker sore is in a place that only using the Oragel liquid can reach it.
I put both the Gel and Liquid on a Qtip.
The Gel version I get has 20% Benzocaine, 0.2% Benzalkonium Chloride and 0.1% Zinc Chloride.

The liquid version usually is 10% or 20% Benzocaine
I'll put it on like 5 or 6 times during the day.

0.1% zinc chloride and

Old 07-05-2006, 11:36 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Dan_Sims HB User

Kevin, what product are using for the canker sores?
The same thing happens to me where the canker sore will be all the way in the back of the mouth.
You have to go in a mirror that has a good light.
Only one time was I not able to see the canker sore in the back of my mouth.
I could tell it was on the left side in the back.
I couldn't see it though.
I just put the Oragel liquid on a Qtip and put it where I thought the canker sore was.

Old 07-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #7
Inactive

kevinnader HB User

hm,

Well on my left and right cheeks..when I pull them down right by the opening of my mouth theres a cluster of these whitish/greyish colored spots..not sure what it is..actually its not really on my cheeks because its like right at where my bottom teeth are towards my lips..

Old 07-10-2006, 04:50 AM   #8
(female)

smileygirll HB User

I got a bad case of canker sores a few months ago. It was awful. My mouth really hurt....it hurt to eat, to chew, to talk and even to smile. It was really awful. Someone told me to try Kanka - it's a liquid numbing medicine that you put on the sore and it numbs and it and forms a seal over the sore. It helped for a few minutes and then the pain came back. I went to to the doctor and he gave me an anti-viral medicine that seemed to help pretty fast. I would advise you to go see a doctor, esp. if you just went to the dentist and didn't tell them or they didn't notice anything. Mouth pain hurts, so I hope you get to feeling better fast. Keep us posted on what the problem turns out to be.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:38 PM   #9
Inactive

kevinnader HB User

well,

I dont know what it is. I mean it hurts when I eat stuff. I looked on the right side of my cheek when I pulled my lip down and saw some yellow/whitish colored spots and also saw some deeper down by my bottom teeth. i have never had this last for this longer before. ugh. im bout to mention it to my acupuncturist tomorrow..

Closed Thread