It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2006, 04:08 AM   #1
(female)

Cptgirl HB User
Finally have my dentures!

I finally got my upper and lower dentures about a week ago after waiting for my gums to heal. I was without teeth for three and a half months while my gums were healing. As you can imagine it was a difficult period as I had to withstand the hurtful comments of the ignorant few out there about my toothlessness. My teeth deteriorated beyond repair after chemo and due to limited medical aid had no option but to have them all removed and wait for the gums to heal before being fitted with dentures. My medical aid would only cover the cost of permanents, not immediates. Anyway, to cut a long story short I am glad in retrospect I went the route I did as the dentures fit perfectly and have had a relatively easy transition. After only a week my speech sounds perfect and I am able to eat all the foods I could not enjoy with my natural bad teeth. Steaks and corn on the cob are an absolute pleasure once again. My husband, kids, friends and colleagues were extremely supportive throughout the entire ordeal and I know without them I would have found it very difficult to cope. Will keep you all posted on my progress as I go along, but for now everything's just great.

Cheers
C

Old 07-03-2006, 05:28 AM   #2
(female)

lilmama5of6 HB User
Re: Finally have my dentures!

Hello cptgirl
Congrats on your new smile!!!!!Enjoy it,eat everything and any thing you can get your hands on.....you deserve it after going without teeth for that long...It is a shame that Insurance companies do not cover temp dentures..I do not think I could have went any time without teeth,you are a strong & brave preson!!!!

Why did little Jimmy were a belt on his teeth?????
He could not afford braces....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2006, 07:56 AM   #3
(female)

Cptgirl HB User

Ha, ha, ha - love the joke about the braces. Good one! See me flashing my choppers!!

Old 07-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

JenniferE HB User

That's really good news! It's a shame that there are such ignorant and judgmental people in this world, but that's all in the past now. You've got your smile back and your confidence and nothing can compare to how good that feels!

Old 07-03-2006, 05:18 PM   #5
(female)

NYtoTN HB User

Cptgirl, it's wonderful that you have your dentures and you are adjusting so well to them.
Sorry you had a bad time without your teeth. But now you probably look much better than anyone who treated you unkindly.
Enjoy your new smile!

Old 07-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
(female)

katzfriend HB User

Congrats on your new teeth!!!!
So glad to hear you are adjusting to them so well.
Some people are rude and unkind, don't pay any attention to them, they are not worth the energy....

Closed Thread