It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #1
(female)

lilmama5of6 HB User
Relines???

Hello Everyone
I have no real problems to speak of.But I do have a question regarding relines....It has been almost 8 weeks since I began my "DENTURE ADVENTURE" and I am to the point where I need a reline.I have been waiting as long as possible before having it done...I do not want to taste it unless I have to...And I have to now.What actaully do they do when they do a reline?I have heard of 2 different kinds(soft & hard)what are the differences?And my last question is how long does it take?I have 5 children who go with me to the dentist for my adjustments..with no problems at all..my dentist likes to see them..or atleast they say that....Is it going to take long enough for me to think about a baby sitter?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2006, 05:47 AM   #2
(female)

corricatt HB User
Re: Relines???

The soft reline is done chairside, and should be able to be done in a half hour appointment. This is just a temporary solution to give better fit while healing is ongoing.

The hard reline can also be done chairside, but best results occur when it is sent to the lab. You will need to give up the denture for a few days.

Good luck with your adventure

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread