It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2006, 03:05 AM   #1
(male)

JT1521 HB User
Toothache for 4 days suddendly goes away!!!!

Hi, I had a toothache for 4 days and was taking Excedrin Extra Strength every 6 hours the whole time. 2 days ago I tried this remedy. I went to my spice rack and found some cloves and i rubbed it all over the affected area and surrounding area. I then took a nap and when I woke up there was no sign of the toothache. 2 days later and still no toothache. I mean before when I tapped the bottom and top teeth together I could feel where the pain was. I do that now and nothing? Should I be concerned? I made a dentist appointment a few days ago and the appointment is on Monday. Should I cancel the appointment now that the toothache has gone or should I still go?

Last edited by JT1521; 07-08-2006 at 03:35 AM.

Old 07-08-2006, 04:53 AM   #2
(female)

corricatt HB User
Re: Toothache for 4 days suddendly goes away!!!!

Absolutely do NOT cancel the appointment. Let them get an x-ray and go from there. Alot of times a problem is in the works but you don't know it until it gets to the point where an expensive fix is necessary. Why not get the problem solved before it escalates to the expensive level. The clove was a clever idea, not many think of it.. but it's temporary. See your dentist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2006, 10:32 AM   #3
(male)

JT1521 HB User

Yeah well I don't have Dental Insurance anymore so I know it's gonna be expensive. I had 6 more cavities to get filled before I lost my job that I had insurance with. That was over a year ago so I am guessing the problem is because I never had those cavities filled. Plus my dentist has now gone from a cool one that let you pay monthly to a pay up front one. Any suggestions??

Old 07-08-2006, 11:16 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

JenniferE HB User

Consult with your dentist to work out a treatment and payment plan. Explain your situation and see how they will work with you. Regardless, don't cancel the appointment.

If you had cavities in your teeth that have not been removed, that can lead to other problems. Cavities do not go away on their own. Left untreated, the decay will continue to grow and will eventually work it's way down to the soft part of the tooth. The fact that cloves worked to help calm the nerve down and the tooth was sore to pressure, is a sign that the decay has reached the soft part of the tooth. If anything, you need to have at least this tooth examined and the problem taken care of.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
(male)

JT1521 HB User

Well like I said my Dentist doesnt allow payments plans anymore for some reason. I have to pay up front. Is this legal btw? Also are you saying I am most likely gonna need a root canal?

Last edited by JT1521; 07-08-2006 at 11:26 AM.

Old 07-08-2006, 02:27 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

JenniferE HB User

"Pay upfront" may be standard policy for the practice, but it doesn't mean they will not consult with you on a treatment plan and the fees associated with it. Pay for this visit and then discuss with them other options depending on the treatment plan.

The dentist will take an x-ray and evaluate the tooth. Depending on the symptoms you are having and how the tooth appears on the x-ray, will determine whether a root canal is needed or not.

Old 07-08-2006, 03:06 PM   #7
(male)

JT1521 HB User

Also Jennifer before I went to sleep last night I started experiencing a weird feeling on the side of my head that is hard to explain. It is not painful I just feel it there. It is on the side of the head where the toothache was. Should I be concerned or am I panicking about nothing? Could it be nerves on the side of my head? Very odd.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:18 AM   #8
(male)

JT1521 HB User

Yep. I just got a root canal done. Cost me $1123. OUchhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!. That is ridiculous of you ask me. Guess I need to find a job that offers insurance lol.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:14 AM   #9
(male)

JT1521 HB User

I guess nobody likes to respond???? lol

Closed Thread