It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #1
(female)

Nance77 HB User
Unhappy Question about Teeth/Gum Pain?

I was at the dentist in June and finished with the deep scaling and root planing..My gums are now fine, she said my teeth looked good etc...I have another appt. in Aug, as I am going to go every 3 mos now for cleanings to keep up on it...I am a dental phobic and very fearful of the dentist, but made myself go to the 5 appts needed for the deep cleaning...
Now last nite, I started feeling off and on, these electric shock type sensations in my bottom jaw..It seems like at least 3 teeth and my gum area too....Its not when chewing or biting, etc...It seems to come out of the blue..
I can't find anything about it on the dental boards...I had it last nite for awhile, then I was fine until just a little while ago..The only thing I could find close to my symptoms on the internet was trigeminal neuralgia...
Just wondering if anyone has had these symptoms and what it could be, or if they know anything about TN? I also have sinus and allergy problems, and my allergies are bad right now where I live with the high pollen count for grass, etc...Could that cause it? Im just worried I have some dental problem again and am going to need work done, which sends me into a panic!
Thanks so much
Nancy

Old 07-08-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
(female)

Akie HB User
Re: Question about Teeth/Gum Pain?

Do you feel any numbness, tingling or burning sensations in your mouth also? Did you have injection for the deep cleaning? If so, it might be nerve damage as a result of the injection. Do a google search on lingual nerve damage from injection will yield a lot of links and info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
(female)

Nance77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akie
Do you feel any numbness, tingling or burning sensations in your mouth also? Did you have injection for the deep cleaning? If so, it might be nerve damage as a result of the injection. Do a google search on lingual nerve damage from injection will yield a lot of links and info.
I dont really feel any tingling or numbness, but i feel off and on burning sensations on my gums....Maybe sometimes my jaw on one side feels numb...

I did have alot of novacaine injections on all 4 quads when I had the deep cleaning...at least 5 or more on each....

Thanks for the reply and the info..I will check out the nerve damage

Nancy

Old 07-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #4
(female)

bull379 HB User

I am currently having the same kind of pain except it is on top left side. I went to the dentist who x-rayed my teeth and could find nothing wrong. I do have trigeminal neuralgia and it can be extremely painful. The pain comes quickly and goes away just as quick. It can start by just a slight movement of the lips, brushing your teeth, eating, or just come out of the blue. I am currently taking Trileptal, an anticonvulsant. Usually it helps but this time it doesn't seem to be working as well which led me to believe it was a dental problem. But so far the dentist can't find anything wrong. Talk to your regular doctor also. If it's not a dental problem they may want you to see a neurologist. Hope you feel better soon.

Closed Thread