It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 05:56 AM   #1
(male)

Bordism HB User
Going to the Dentist but need help!

Ok so i've had anxiety/depression for the last 3 years and i havent been to the dentist because im so scared. but its time i went as i have a couple of painfull teeth which are only going to get worse!
OK So my question is: Can i have fillings WITHOUT any injection/numbness, im really scared about the numbness feeling in my mouth and i dont want it but i want my teeth fixed.. can i get it done without and will it be really painfull? Please help, thanks

Old 07-10-2006, 07:23 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

JenniferE HB User
Re: Going to the Dentist but need help!

It depends on each individual tooth that needs treatment. If the decay is just on the surface, enamel only, has not worked it's way down to the soft part of the tooth, then you can get the decay removed and a filling placed without being numb.

If a tooth needs a lot of work on it, and/or the decay is into the soft part of the tooth, it would be recommended to be numb for the procedure.

Since the teeth are already painful and irritated, it would be recommended that you are numb for the procedure.

Have you consulted with your doctor about taking a anti-anxiety medicine before going to the dentist?

You might also want to consult with your dentist about using gas, if available, for you during your dental treatment. If your dentist doesn't use gas, consider going to a dentist who does. The gas will help to relax you and you won't really be concerned about being numb.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread