It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
(female)

lilmama5of6 HB User
Unhappy soft relines

Hello Everyone
I finally went to get a reline done....BIG MISTAKE!!!!I wish I would have never went in....I do not think the dentist Asst. knew what she was doing.....She did my upper denture(full set) first,then come in and said "we will see you next time"...I asked what about the lower partial...she got this dumb look on her face and said "Oooohhh..let my talk with the doctor" 45 mins later she came back and said "I should have know that",and she began to do the soft reline on my partial....I felt like she was second guessing her self the entire time.. to make a long story short.....After ALOT of gagging for 6 mins while the reline formed on the upper denture...I had to do it again for the lower partial,Thank God it was not as bad as the tops...I only gagged a dozen times..I am not happy with them at all...The top is rough along the roof of my mouth..the lower is actually coming loose it is so bad I am thinking about pulling the reline off the bottom....I could atleast chew with them before they did this reline.
Sorry for the bad story but things have been great up till yesterday.I know with a pair of small scissors and my trusted nail file I can get them back the way I like them...

Old 07-13-2006, 04:08 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

JenniferE HB User
Re: soft relines

I know it's frustrating, but don't adjust the denture and partial yourself. You can make things worse by doing so. I would call the dentist tomorrow and explain they need to redo them. Request that a different assistant and/or the dentist do the reline. You have every right to do this. Be polite, but don't let them reschedule you for 2 weeks from now or give you a hard time about requesting someone else. There is nothing worse than a denture and/or partial that does not fit properly and even more so when you don't feel confident with who was supposed to fix them. The dentist should also be made aware of your experience. She is representing the dentist and if there is a problem, the dentist needs to be aware of it. The dentist is ultimately responsible for the happiness and satisfaction of the patients.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2006, 06:54 AM   #3
(female)

Ariom HB User

Hi lilmama5of6, It has been so long since I have talked to you or anyone on this board, just been so busy with my grand-daughter. Can you believe when it came time for her to go back to mommy in Texas, she cried and wanted to stay, she is still here with me and this time her departure date is going to be the 24th. I am having a blast. but about my teeth, I am going in soon, but I have spoken to the dentist about all my dilemma's and told her since my bottom teeth are not moving and pretty much stable, I really don't want a full lower.......she said because the school is doing the job, I have to go for the full deal! So I am still thinking about what excatly to do. Once I pull them all there is turning back. And now that I have kept logging on and reading everyone's stories, seems things have changed. I am not being rude or anything, getting dentures and adjusting to them is an ordeal. but I am seeing and reading different stories now, alot of pain people go through, like the relines you are talking about. I knew from the beginning this was not going to be easy. This is one of thr many reasons I am glad I have not started the final process. I am not going too, until I have talked to everyone and know everything I need to know. Like I mentioned there is no turning back. I would rather now all my possibilities before than when I have full lower and uppers and it is a done deal! I couldn't cope with that. Stay in touch, I am looking forward to hearing how you are doing.

Ariom

Old 05-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #4
(female)

cjay42 HB User

I am considering buying a soft reline kit to do my own at home. That way I can adjust it and I'm only out 20.00. I noticed in the dentist office when the assistant did the chairside reline that it looks like the same stuff I can order myself. If the testimonials are true customers that use it says it lasts a couple of years and works great. I think it's worth a try. I got my upper teeth pulled a month ago, and my mouth still hurts without the soft reline. Has anyone tried the kit at home?

Closed Thread