It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #1
(female)

RaggDoll HB User
major numbness after wisdom teeth restraction

I had my wisdom teeth taken out about 3 months ago and my lip and chin is numb. I went back to my oral surgeon, he openly admitted it shouldnt have happened and told me it would probably get better 25% every month, which means by august I should be 100% better, but i think since the surgery Ive only gotten maybe 15% better (all i feel is tingling sometimes). I dont know what to do know, Im terrified that I will be permanantly numb. Has anyone else had numbness and did it get better?

Old 08-06-2006, 05:01 AM   #2
(female)

nandog07 HB User
Re: major numbness after wisdom teeth restraction

did you ever get better?????????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 07:39 PM   #3
(female)

Holly111 HB User

I have the same, my lip is still numb from the injection I was given a month ago. Apparently this is quite common, they hit a nerve. I was told the same, some days it seems much better, others it feels quite tingly again as though I've burnt my lip.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #4
(female)

Akie HB User

You should get a neurologist to evaluate your conditions. Your nerves obviously were affected during the extractions, either by the injections or the extractions that got too close to your nerves. The pain and burning could be very hard to bear and there are medications that can help while you are healing, if the nerve was not severed, but could take a long long time to heal. Methylcobalamin, a sublingual vitamin B that you can find in health stores can help nerves repair, should at least take that. Hope it helps.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:45 PM   #5
(female)

Holly111 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akie
You should get a neurologist to evaluate your conditions. Your nerves obviously were affected during the extractions, either by the injections or the extractions that got too close to your nerves. The pain and burning could be very hard to bear and there are medications that can help while you are healing, if the nerve was not severed, but could take a long long time to heal. Methylcobalamin, a sublingual vitamin B that you can find in health stores can help nerves repair, should at least take that. Hope it helps.
Mine wasn't done during the extraction it was done before it so it was definately the injection. It seems to be getting better each day as I was told it would. It started with my lip and chin, my chin is now fully back to normal and it's only a small section on my lip. Thanks for the advice on the vitamin B, much appreciated.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #6
(female)

Holly111 HB User

I found a message board on this subject.

[url]http://www.sciential.net/lingualnerveinjury.htm[/url]

Closed Thread