It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2006, 06:03 PM   #1
(male)

boricuaitaliano HB User
Unhappy Help!! Braces & Cuts..Oouch!

I had these braces on for about a month or so and these cuts inside my cheeks wont go away, I think they are called Canker sores. I use the wax they gave me but after eating something the wax is almost gone. They did give me a few things to deal with the opens cuts, one that is a mouth wash - don't work and the other that numbs the effected area which only last for 5 minutes. So I went to a drug store and bought a mouth wash made for braces and it does not seem to help much. I called a pharmacist at a drug store (Rite Aid) and asked for any recommendations for these cuts in my cheeks and she told me to buy Maylox and Benadryl???? I don't have stomach problems or allergy issues just cuts that hurt when I eat and they wont go away.
Any suggestions will be great and thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Cinn HB User
Re: Help!! Braces & Cuts..Oouch!

Hi Get some chewing gum and place it on the bracket or wire that's cutting your gums. Call the Orthodontist that put your braces on and let them know that you are being all cut up and would like to be looked out. Sometimes if it's in the back of the mouth it means the wire is too long. Ask them if they can put a tube on the wire in the area that is cutting your mouth.
I hope this helps
Cinn

Last edited by moderator2; 07-16-2006 at 08:07 AM. Reason: please read the posting rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
(female)

A diffrent kind HB User

I have the same problem lots of time. Truse me the wax doesnot work you should call your orthodontist and tell them about the cuts and see if they can get you in soon to get the wiers clip b/c they are a little to long i hope this help alot!!!

Old 07-19-2006, 10:47 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User

To heal the cuts, try Kanka. It forms a protective coating that stays on, and heals FAST!!

Closed Thread