It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2006, 05:29 AM   #1
(female)

amandah18UK HB User
I am a complete Dental Phobic

hello I am a complete dental wreck.I have private insurance but it will not cover dental I feel that so many people have not gone too see any dentist for many years like me.I am really scared of dentists.I think its so wrong of dentists to go private.I live in surrey and I am willing to travel.I suffer to with bad nerves as well.So please if anyone is willing to give me advice i would like to know. Thank-you, Amanda [Removed]

[We ask that you do not post your real names, especially your first and last names. We are to write here anonymously. Please read more about this and other guidelines by clicking the "Posting Rules" above. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 07-17-2006 at 06:31 PM.

Old 07-16-2006, 11:52 AM   #2
(male)

Fleet HB User
Re: I am a complete Dental Phobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandah18UK
hello I am a complete dental wreck.I have private insurance but it will not cover dental I feel that so many people have not gone too see any dentist for many years like me.I am really scared of dentists.I think its so wrong of dentists to go private.I live in surrey and I am willing to travel.I suffer to with bad nerves as well.So please if anyone is willing to give me advice i would like to know. Thank-you,Amanda Harrison
These days, there really is no need to be scared of dentists. Many of them use sedation for patients who want it. And they use novacaine so the patient won't feel many procedures... fillings, planing (to treat gum disease), root canals, crowns, even just cleanings for a very sensitive patient.

Back in the 1980s, I also didn't have dental insurance. I paid for everything. But it was worth it. Had I delayed having check-ups and cleanings, I would have needed much more dental work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread