It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
(male)

Steve088 HB User
Exclamation Root Canal, need advice quickly.

I went to my regular dentist with a toothache and he said I needed a root canal on a back molar. He gave me some antibiotics and feels good now. I've been doing some research and have found several references to root canals trapping bacteria deep in the canals. This bacteria can then cause other diseases such as heart disease, arthritis, ect. Apparently the ADA doesn't want everyone to know this ? The body doesn't appreciated dead things in it. And only about 25% of root canals result in complete sterilization of the canals without harmful bacteria being trapped. I am seeing an endodontist in a couple of days and am loosing sleep trying to deceide whether to keep the tooth or have it pulled. Any thoughts or suggestions out there very much appreciated !!

Old 07-17-2006, 04:35 PM   #2
(female)

katzfriend HB User
Re: Root Canal, need advice quickly.

Hi Steve, I have also been concerned about this, since reading about the dangers of root canals. Seems like lots of people can have a root canal and not experience problems, but some people do. My dentist does something called a "biological root canal", it uses a material called Biocalex (sp?). But all this is very controversial. Of course it would be safest to pull a tooth, but then you have the danger of other teeth shifting and causing more problems. Some people I know have a molar missing with no problems, but chances are your teeth would start shifting. Another option is getting it pulled and having an implant placed, but that is not without risk either, some people have infections and problems with them. I think there is no easy answer. I'd get a couple of opinions and do what you feel is right.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
(female)

katzfriend HB User

one more thing... I don't know where you live, but google holistic or integrative dentists in your area. My dentist is "integrative". Besides being a dentist and teaching at a university, he has a doctorate in integrated medicine and he is a F.A.G.D. Find a good dentist you can trust!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
(female)

Metro88 HB User

Steve,
I had an exremely painful abcess in the pulp and nerve of my molar. Afraid of root canal as you found I decided to treat myself with oregano oil and collodial silver. I was in excruciating pain for 3 weeks no matter what and now am told I probably destroyed roots of other teeth and could loose more plus I have dead tissue for more bacteria to feed on with an opening from the leaky cavity and can cause septicemia. I am scared out of mind, don't want teeth extracted and fearful of root canals. Dr. Smith in Penn does biological root canals without xrays and seems interesting but I don't know if going there from Florida that I'm asking for more problems. Plus if the tooth is dead no one can revive it . What did you do? Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve088 View Post
I went to my regular dentist with a toothache and he said I needed a root canal on a back molar. He gave me some antibiotics and feels good now. I've been doing some research and have found several references to root canals trapping bacteria deep in the canals. This bacteria can then cause other diseases such as heart disease, arthritis, ect. Apparently the ADA doesn't want everyone to know this ? The body doesn't appreciated dead things in it. And only about 25% of root canals result in complete sterilization of the canals without harmful bacteria being trapped. I am seeing an endodontist in a couple of days and am loosing sleep trying to deceide whether to keep the tooth or have it pulled. Any thoughts or suggestions out there very much appreciated !!

Closed Thread