It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #1
(female)

coogiz HB User
Question about to have infected lateral removed. help

I have registered with a new dentist and an xray shows infection around the root which is a post crown having had 3 former apicetomies the last in 1980. The dentist wants to remove the root and fill the socket with ostim and later place an implant. Do I need to take antibiotics? can an implant be fitted at time of extraction if socket cleaned at time of extraction? Will ostim stop any bone loss as I show my gums? Hope someone can help because I feel like chickening out!

Old 07-19-2006, 06:17 PM   #2
(female)

corricatt HB User
Re: about to have infected lateral removed. help

why not have a bridge done?

what were they going to put there in place of the extracted tooth while the bone is healing?

don't chicken out... go to the appointment but instead have all your questions and concerns written down and have another consult, this time you'll know exactly what to ask, and write the answers down so you can review them later to help you make your decisions. Have the extraction when you are ready.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2006, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

coogiz HB User

Thanks. The dentist is going to fit a temp bridge with a view to implant at a later date. I will just have to go and as you say ask my questions and make decision then. Not looking forward to it though.

Old 07-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #4
(female)

Akie HB User

Do not go the route of shaving down two healthy teeth to put in bridge; that what I did and regretted so badly. You would be asking for more troubles down the road by crowning teeth. Yes, there are people going about their merry way after crowns or bridges, but there also a lot of people have problems after the work done on their teeth, like crown/bridge doesn't fit or look good, cavity developed under, continuous pain and root canal, and eventually leading to extraction. Implant, if done right(very important), is actually cheaper and a much better option.

Closed Thread