It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2006, 08:11 AM   #1
(female)

Ariom HB User
Denture Wearers Where Are You?

Hi to all those who have given me great advice and shared there stories, but where have you all gone. I have not seen any of you post for quite some time. Like to hear from you.

Ariom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 10:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User
Re: Denture Wearers Where Are You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariom
Hi to all those who have given me great advice and shared there stories, but where have you all gone. I have not seen any of you post for quite some time. Like to hear from you.

Ariom
HI! I am going on 8 mos old now, and am trying to decide if I should get snap ins. Quite expensive, but it may be the only way I'll ever be able to tolerate these things....SO, I'm still thinking...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2006, 07:58 AM   #3
(female)

Ariom HB User

HI Wintersun....Happy to hear from you. That is also my latest dilemma. My dentist asked me to be sure to make my final decision before going and extracting the remaining teeth and go for full denture. Snap ins are they the same as a denture retained implants? I am a novice at all this terminology, just checking. I have put this off, because my grand-daughter came to visit, but the time has come to go ahead with this. I have heard great stories here on this board, but I also hear aot of nightmarish stories as well. I know thatnothing beats having your own teeth, but I should have taken better care of them. Having bone loss doesn't help. I am going to be getting immediate dentures put in right away. I am so confused.

Ariom

Old 07-22-2006, 09:05 AM   #4
(female)

lilmama5of6 HB User

Hello Ariom
We are all still here,I am any way...Summer time is the busiest for me..it is hard to go online sometimes....I am almost 10 weeks into my DENTURE ADVENTURE.Things have been getting alot better for me.I do not have anything to complain about.I went for my first reline last week....I did not think it was going to be like that.But all is good now....I once again have gotten used to the new fit.I can even eat things without cutting it up now.I do not look funny cutting up burgers and pizza anymore.I still have not tried an apple YET..The healing time is the hardest...Every day your gums get alittle smaller and the dentures feel more and more loose,you go to the dentist..they make them fit better...but you have to adjust to every change..Be prepared for the ups and downs of having dentures.

When is your dentist appointment now?

Old 07-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User

The kind I want are dentures that snap in-but are removeable!!

Old 07-26-2006, 10:40 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

crisma HB User

Hello! Wintersun, do you know how expensive the snap ins are? I don't really have problems with my dentures if I use adhesive, but I really like the idea of the snap ins!

Old 07-26-2006, 11:17 PM   #7
(female)

kywildcats HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisma
Hello! Wintersun, do you know how expensive the snap ins are? I don't really have problems with my dentures if I use adhesive, but I really like the idea of the snap ins!
Hi there,
I just had implants put in last Tuesday and I think this is the same thing that you are talking about. My denture is supposed to snap on these and not move. I had to pay 500 an implant and they put 4 in. Hope I am right on this but if not please correct me.

Caryn

Old 07-27-2006, 07:27 AM   #8
(female)

Ariom HB User

Hi lilmama5of6....My appt. is finally set in stone for August 24th. If you have read some of my other posts, I was looking into getting snap ins, basically some implants, due to movement, and that is what I am going to do. I am not going to put myself through all the drama of them not fitting properly. I know in the beginning I am going to have to adjust to immediates, but after the healing process has passed, in come the implants. I can't wait.

how are you doing?

Great to hear from you,

Ariom

Old 07-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #9
(female)

lilmama5of6 HB User

Hello Ariom
I am doing good.I can't wait untill summer is over!!!The kids are starting to drive me crazy!!!!!1 more week.I can do it.
My dentures are fine...I haven't had any problems to speak of I have been luck with my dentures.
The 24th that is right around the corner.Good for you,You can do it to!!!Stay brave.
If you have any questions feel free to ask...I check in every so often,even if I don't make any post.

Old 07-27-2006, 03:03 PM   #10
(female)

Ariom HB User

Hi lilmama5of6, I remember when my kids were little so I know the feeling. It is around the corner, like you said just 1 week away. I had a great time with my grand-daughter, she actually stayed until Monday the 24th....I cried so much when she left, people at the airport probably thought I was crazy, but we had a great time having her here. i wish my kids lived in Florida, but for nowthey are in Texas. I am staying brave, and not backing out, espcially after making up my mind and having the money for some mini implants to retain my dentures. That put my mind at ease. I too log on and sometimes just view, but wanted to say. Thanks for being here for me, you are and always have been an

Take care and see ya on-line!!!!

Ariom P. S. Glad to hear your smile is doing great!! I bet you love it!

Old 07-27-2006, 09:24 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User

yeah, 500 per implant or higher is about right

Closed Thread