It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2006, 05:27 PM   #1
(male)

twarlik HB User
Wisdom teeth - how long did it take for you to heal?

I had three of my wisdom teeth removed exactly a week ago. I am still experiencing quite a bit of discomfort and am wondering if this is normal. A friend of mine had the same procedure done about a month ago and he was find the next day. I've already seen my oral surgeon and he has assured me that I don't have a dry socket and am healing well.

So tell me, how long did it take until you were pain free? I'm also curious how long your sockets were open for?

Many thanks,
Todd :-P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 07:22 PM   #2
(female)

Akie HB User
Re: Wisdom teeth - how long did it take for you to heal?

Todd,

You said you still have pain a week after the surgery, can you describe it? Where is the pain ? Is it dull, sharp, burining and is there numbness? Were the teeth impacted, thus needing to dig into the jawbone to remove them? Sometimes age also can affect the healing too. It can take you longer to heal than others as there are factors that affect the healing time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 10:51 PM   #3
(male)

twarlik HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akie
Todd,

You said you still have pain a week after the surgery, can you describe it? Where is the pain ? Is it dull, sharp, burining and is there numbness? Were the teeth impacted, thus needing to dig into the jawbone to remove them? Sometimes age also can affect the healing too. It can take you longer to heal than others as there are factors that affect the healing time.
The pain I'm having is a dull ache on the lower right part of my jaw. That tooth was impacted, but my oral surgeon said that it wasn't a difficult extraction. I realize that my age is a factor (29), but I guess I just didn't expect to have pain a week after surgery. My friend is the same age and I like I said he was fine the next day.

Thanks for your response.

~Todd

Old 07-29-2006, 05:37 AM   #4
(female)

Holly111 HB User

I'm eight days after having one Wisdom tooth removed and am completely pain free. I had much less discomfort than I imagined I would, the odd little ache, twinge and soreness the first couple of days after that nothing.
I am now healed enough that yesterday twice I forgot it was there and started eating on it I'm guessing your pain must be something to do with the impacted tooth.
I hope it goes away soon.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:41 AM   #5
(female)

k_c_lady HB User

I just had mine out on Monday, it's friday now. I am still in a bit of pain. However, you do make a good point! The pain is in my jaw mostly. Thank you! Kc

Closed Thread