It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #1
(female)

gossamerfairy HB User
Wisdom Teeth-BAD PROBLEMS

Hi! I am new to these boards, and I have joined now to get some info on my wisdom teeth problems.
Okay, my wisdom teeth have been growing for years now, very slowly. I had brace taken off approx. 5 years ago, during which time my wisdom teeth had started coming in.
Well, my stupid dentist told me that I could keep my wisdom teeth in because they were growing relatively straight (vertical), if I were to keep them clean enough and healthy. He DID NOT explain to me that widsom teeth are virtually IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean enough to stay healthy teeth.
Well, nowadays I am in agony because I have LARGE cavities in 3 out of 4 wisdom teeth (which I think the 4th is going to have a cavity soon). I am 23 and I've not had my mother's dental insurance for quite some time, and I have not been to the dentist until recently. I again went to a bad dentist, because they didn't explain to me my options about wisdom tooth extraction.
I have a question: my upper left wisdom tooth is hurting like hell all of a sudden, and I feel a tremendous amount of pressur on that side. It feels like my wisdom tooth is still growing, or pushing out of my gums, because MY BITE KEEPS CHANGING and a couple of days ago it changed to where I can't bite down normally, and I can hardly eat solid foods, because any pressure on that tooth makes me cringe. COULD MY WISDOM TEETH STILL BE GROWING AFTER ALL THESE YEARS?
Thank you anybody for any advice or personal experiences.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
(female)

Mora HB User
Re: Wisdom Teeth-BAD PROBLEMS

Sorry your going through all of this! All those years and thousands of dollers of braces and the ortho never bothered to discuss the very real possibility that you would have no room for your wisdom teeth. I think that is where you are at right now. Yes, at your age you are still "trying" to "cut" your wisdom teeth and most likely do not have the room for them and excess gum tissue is covering a portion of one or more teeth and is a very ripe spot for collecting food particals to get caught there and make the gum area swell ...and hurt like the dickens! I've been through all of this myself. I was married by 23 and we had no dental coverage, I had to have all four removed...which I highly reccomend #1 because it is done in one vist ( if uncomplicated) and #2 you only have to heal 1X...Most oral surgeons will make payment arrangements... bring $100 at the first visit and negotiate to pay monthly and faithfully untill paid in full. Good Luck.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:20 AM   #3
(female)

k_c_lady HB User
Re: Wisdom Teeth-BAD PROBLEMS

I live in Columbus, ohio. OSU dental students clinic is a good place to go to have cheap work done. I just had mine out Monday and it only cost less than $500. I had the students do it. They did a great job! Plus, I saved $1000! I am sure they have a payment plan. Good luck! Kc

Closed Thread