It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2006, 01:05 AM   #1
(female)

lorry27 HB User
Tooth growing behind front teeth?

I thought i had a hard ridge just behind my front tooth but am horrified to discover that it is a tooth growing! I am petrified of going to the dentist and don't know what to do? It doesn't hurt at all, but I am frightened that it may nudge my front tooth forwards or eventually out!?

Old 08-20-2006, 10:18 AM   #2
(female)

copperbarrow HB User
Re: Tooth growing behind front teeth?

Lorry, take a deep breath and try to look at it like this. A dentist is your very very good friend. If you are sure it is a tooth, you need to ask your friends who they like (if you don't have a dentist) and take a deep breath and call and make an appointment to see them. I don't know how old you are, maybe you have a baby tooth in front that hasn't come out and this is the permanent tooth coming in behind it. (that happened to my son)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2006, 11:09 AM   #3
(female)

lorry27 HB User

Hi, thanks for your advice. I'm in my early 30's so to have a tooth come through like this is weird. Did your son have the extra tooth removed? I will go to the dentist if needed but not if it doesn't pose a problem.

Old 08-20-2006, 04:21 PM   #4
(female)

copperbarrow HB User

Hi Lorry, well, if you are in your 30's, I don't know what is going on! Are you sure you have all of the front teeth where they are supposed to be? There should be 16 unless you'd had to have some extracted. Maybe this is a bicuspid that never came in? I can't imagine you wouldn't want to have something done about it...even if you have dental fear, the help of supportive family, friends and the dental staff will help you through this, we all understand the fear!

Old 08-20-2006, 11:06 PM   #5
(female)

lorry27 HB User

Well I have 14 upper teeth (1 wisdom tooth not through) and I'm sure that I had teeth removed when I was younger due to having a brace, so I don't know where this one's come from?? I'm gonna have to visit the dentist aren't I! I feel sick just thinking about making the phone call!!

Old 08-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

tia_ HB User

Hi.

It could be an unerupted tooth. You could have an extra one even at your age. And that's ok. That's an easy thing to deal with.
And yes, see your dentist. Or get one.

Tell them you have anxiety and they can prescribe something for you to help with your anxiety. There are also dentists that specialize in patients with anxiety.

Also, if you are not sure it is a tooth you need to have it xrayed. And probably have your teeth cleaned. It is possible that you have a large piece of tartar caught. Many people can't tell the difference.

A five minute visit with you dentist will calm your fears and it sounds like you will be just fine.

You'll do great....Tia

Old 08-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
(female)

copperbarrow HB User

Lorry, You are the person in charge of your care. You can go in for a consultation. Let them take a look and take xrays maybe. It is painless. Then the dentist can discuss with you what he thinks. You might not have to do a thing, but you can at least hear what he says. It is probably something he sees from time to time. Then you can go home and think about it, look at the pros and cons.

Come back here for more support!

Old 06-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #8
(male)

vegafarm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorry27 View Post
I thought i had a hard ridge just behind my front tooth but am horrified to discover that it is a tooth growing! I am petrified of going to the dentist and don't know what to do? It doesn't hurt at all, but I am frightened that it may nudge my front tooth forwards or eventually out!?
Your so lucky!!! In my case, I have buck teath, so when my new incisors grew, it grew in the back of the other teeth. I also went to the dentist, and he told me that my K9 was in the middle of my mouth. ( My k9 was soppost to grow under my baby tooth ) I asked him why is it there? He said, its just a part of life. He also told me, if I didn't get it fixed, later in life, it was going to be very costly to fix it. It was also going to screw up all of my teeth

Get it fixed, so later on life, it won't screw up all of your teeth.

Closed Thread