It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
(female)

Miss Romantic HB User
Angry A part of my gums is swollen..

Hi.. a few weeks ago, I got fillings in like 4 of my teeth. All seemed good for a while, but then I got this EXTREMELY bad toothache.. I couldn't even sleep, the side of my face and head where my tooth was was just throbbing with a lot of pain. Anway.. I didn't go to the dentist (bad, I know) and after taking painkillers and some other pill for a few days, the toothaches went away. But then my gums at the bottom of that tooth that was aching like hell started to get swollen. It still is, and it only hurts when I put some pressure on it. A few days ago, I looked at it in the mirror, and that part of my gums looked like a buble! Okay, I know, it's disgusting.. I know I should go to the dentist, but well, it's kinda too expensive for us, so yeah. But I will surely go soon. Just please, if you have any idea what it is I described and why it happened, please tell me! Thanks a lot. Oh and I don't think it's Gingivitis, I had Gingivitis before (I have sensitive teeth..).

Last edited by Miss Romantic; 08-24-2006 at 12:06 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #2
(female)

rdh2006 HB User
Re: A part of my gums is swollen..

sounds like a gum abcess, not something I would procrastinate sp? about.See your dentist.It will only get worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
(female)

jen81 HB User

You sound like you are going through the same exact scenario I went through about a year ago. I ended up needing a root canal for the tooth due to a large cavity filling. I had the filling done and it went into excruciating pain and it was an abcessed tooth. Just go get it taken care of as soon as you can because if it is an abcess it can get worse and affect other teeth. Don't be afraid just go and get help for it. If I can do it trust me you can too!

Old 08-25-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
(female)

Miss Romantic HB User

Oh. ****... Root canal.. Well, thanks anyways.

Closed Thread