It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2006, 08:37 AM   #1
(female)

marys62 HB User
Red spots on roof of mouth

I have recently noticed that I have some small red spots on the roof of my mouth on the soft palate and near the back of my throat. I had a few about 1 1/2 weeks ago and they went away. Yesterday I noticed I had them again (not in the same place as the last ones).

My throat has been irritated lately and a little red but it isn't really painful. Could this be from allergies (been stuffed up lately)? They aren't canker sores, and they don't hurt or anything.

I already have horrible health anxiety and this is not helping. Just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this.

mary

Old 04-15-2007, 06:31 PM   #2
(female)

Staar80 HB User
Re: Red spots on roof of mouth

yes, i have been going through this for 8 months, only they hurt, and they don't go away. i have been to 7 dr's, they all tell me something different.

it was biopsied as hyperplastic squamous mucosa. and it has only gotten worse. no doc.'s have helped at all.

anyone else out there?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2007, 11:45 AM   #3
(female)

raymae HB User

hi there
i have these too. had them for about 5 months, mine too sometimes seem to disapear and move to other places, and sometimes they stay in same place but seem to get smaller. they dont hurt but do flare up at times. i also have one on my uvelo and a couple of bigger looking ones right behind at back of throat. my throat does feel a bit raw at times. my tongue at the back as also got little pimples on but this is covered with a whitish yellow substance. tested negative for oral thrush. it is so worrying, i get moody sometimes because its on my mind alot. im using corsodyl mouth rinse at the moment seems to have helped but not clearing problem up.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:33 AM   #4
(female)

bp4303 HB User

I have the exact same thing you've all described. Was told by my primary care physician and ear nose and throat doctor that I have a coxsackie virus and that it will run it's course. It goes away, but then comes back in a couple of weeks or so, and affects my throat, roof of my mouth, and tongue. The sores are painful, and sometimes are only one or two, but sometimes will cover the entire roof of my mouth. Treating my throat and mouth with Listerine and Iodine tend to help (the ENT gave me an iodine mixture that tastes good and that helps a lot). They tried the "thrush" antibiotic, just to be sure, but it didn't take care of it. From hearing your stories, it sounds like it's just something irritating that we were going to be destined to deal with on an off for an undetermined amount of time.

By the way, I have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, and this rash has not raised any cause for alarm with my doctors in that respect, so I'm not going to let it concern me too much either; unless it gets unbearably persistent.

Good luck all!

Old 12-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
(female)

Lingner HB User

This is crazy i too had this about 8 months ago and garled with warm salt water it went away and now is back again it just seems like more wide spread then before. i am the type of person that does not go to the dr so glad to know there are others out there with this issue If it doesn't go away i will have to suck up my pride and go let me know if anyone has found a cure or if it is caused by sinus cause i have alot of drainage currently and my allergies are horrible. Thanks Brandy

The following user gives a hug of support to Lingner:
nicole1999 (01-09-2011)
Closed Thread