It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 11:15 AM   #1
(female)

justme223 HB User
chin and bottom front teeth in constant pain ??

I have been suffering with pain in my front bottom teeth and if I press on my chin bone under those teeth it makes the pain worse. I have seen a dentist and all he did was grind off some of my top teeth so that they wouldnt touch my bottom teeth. I explained that I wake up with headaches and I suspect its because I have been clenching my teeth thru the night. The pain and sensitivity has gotten bad enough in my bottom teeth that it hurts worse if air even touches them, let alone what its like when I accidently let my top teeth touch my bottom teeth. It all started almost a year ago. I woke up with a feeling in my front bottom teeth that they were being squeezed together, almost like they were overlapping one another. I pushed my fingernail between two of the teeth to relieve some of the pressure and I heard a crack. For days I waited for some kind of pain to start, assuming I had cracked the root or something. But for several weeks there was no change, except for the feeling of my teeth being squeezed together kept getting worse. After about a month of excruiciating pain I left work early to go to the dentist and all he did was grind off my teeth. I waited for several weeks for the pain to subside and eventually it did. But my teeth never felt 100% yet, and now the pain is returning. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Old 09-29-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: chin and bottom front teeth in constant pain ??

I would go get other opinions - first with a periodontist to see if you are in the early stages of perio disease. The pain in the chin could be a signal of a slight infection, that some bone lose is occurring or it could be due to the clenching. If he sees nothing wrong then you may want to consult with an orthodontist. That squeezing sensation may indicate your teeth are being overcrowded but the source of it needs to be determined - do you still have your wisdom teeth? Also, if all of this is due to clenching then you may want to look into getting a night guard so further damage to your teeth is avoided. Try not to let your dentist alter your teeth further until you know what the source of the problem is. Teeth will grow or pull down to adjust the bite - filing them down will only further induce them to pull down again. Its really not the best solution.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2006, 03:57 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User
Re: chin and bottom front teeth in constant pain ??

Yeah- what Thelma said..

Closed Thread