It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
(female)

Youngone22 HB User
Question Dental implants and costs question???

Hi Everyone---
I'm new to the board and started visiting here when I had to get a partial denture because of genetics and the fact that I did not grow 5 adult teeth. I've had my upper partial for almost a month now and am able to eat, talk, and be normal again I have begun to think about getting dental implants however as I am only 22 years old. My question is to those who have gotten implants (and to those who havent/or have considered them), how you were able to afford the $3000+ price tag per implant. I just graduated college, have student loans to pay off, am in search of a job to start my career, and do not have dental insurance anymore since I am not in school...anyone have any advice on what they think I should do? Are they really even worth it, as I've read people's experiences with them and infections, etc...I plan to see a dentist that specializes in cosmetics/implants in the near future, but I already know what they are going to tell me as far as prices, etc...just curious to see if anyone has any thoughts.
Thank you- I appreciate it

Old 10-17-2006, 07:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Dental implants and costs question???

Youngone,

My advice is to keep the partial and wait until implant techniques improve. Maybe along the way your finances will as well and perhaps you will even get good dental insurance.

If you are having decent luck with your partial why run the risk of getting into a high maintenace, infection prone set of pricey implants now.

AND that $3,000 PER tooth quote is apt to be even higher once all costs are considered.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2006, 02:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: Dental implants and costs question???

I would have to agree as well - I spent a fortune on implants and bridges over the last 15 years and recently had them removed due to bone loss they told me would not progress if I got the implants. If I had it to do over with I would have gone with partials but I was understandably young and vain at the time. When I think of all the surgeries and the pain and the time and money spent - it adds up to much more than just dollars - its quality of life you lose as well.

Closed Thread