It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2006, 05:49 PM   #1
(male)

genxsis HB User
Herbal supplements for dental health?

I just got home from getting my teeth cleaned by my hygienist, and while I was there, she asked if I was taking anything different since my last appointment. I mentioned that I now take fish oil pills and Saw Palmetto. Then I asked if that could make any difference to my dental health, and she said it's possible because some herbal supplements can be helpful to dental health, and others can be harmful. I asked if she had some pamphlet that told which ones were good or bad, but she looked and couldn't find one.

Does anyone here happen to know what herbal supplements are especially good for dental health, and which ones are best avoided?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User
Re: Herbal supplements for dental health?

Peri-Gum is a mouthwash, the ingredients are extracts of echinacea, bloodroot, white oak bark, bayberry, cayenne, tea tree oil, peppermint oil. In a base of spring water, alcohol 15-20% and vegetable glycerin. You don't swallow this and it's suppose to help. ~~~~~

Gum Tonic is the all-natural solution to serious dental hygiene. This exceptionally powerful blend of Myrrh, Bayberry, Goldenseal and other herbs, works effectively to kill bacteria in the mouth and gums, fights bad breath and maintains healthy gums.~~~~~

This one is for gingivitis,Gum Therapy, 2 fl oz (Quantum) you can get relief for minor pain, bleeding, swelling of gums as well as relief from gingivitis with a gentle preparation of Cloves, Calendula, Arnica and other soothing ingredients.~~~~

Sweet Breath & Healthy Gum/Huanglian Qingwei, 60 capsules/400mg
this formula is used recognized in Chinese medicine for its bacteria inhibiting and anti inflammation properites. The traditional blend is used for gingivitis, periodontitis and to maintain healthy gums and fresh breath.~~~~~

You asked and I found these. Can't say for one minute if any of these things work?

Last edited by anitak1982; 10-25-2006 at 12:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2006, 01:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Eating grapefruit and even taking the skin and boiling it to make a tea and drinking/rinsing with the tea. I've read that some people have gum problems due to insufficient Vitamin C.

Sage is supposed to be another herb with which you make a tea and rinse your mouth with.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
(male)

genxsis HB User

Thank you both for the replies! I will take a look in the stores and see if I can find these things and try them out.

Closed Thread