It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2006, 06:31 AM   #1
(female)

Daisy37 HB User
Cost of Dental Surgery and Dentures

I was just informed I need all my teeth surgically extracated and full sent of upper and lower dentures. My roots are shattered and splintered off so they said they could not be easily pulled and surgery would be required. They gave me a quote of $12,081. which includes the surgery and dentures (they are $1789. upper and $1789. lower, so the rest of the cost is the extraction and anesthetics. My useless insurances caps at $1500. a year so this is leaving me with $7500. out of pocket and that just seems extremely high. Anyone else paying this kind of money?

Old 11-15-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
(female)

uno-amor HB User
Wink Re: Cost of Dental Surgery and Dentures

Hello,

I am in the exact same boat as you are. I am 31 and my upper teeth all need to be extracted and a full denture made. I have 4 teeth on the bottom that need to be extracted and a partial made. When I seen the cost I almost had a stroke. The cost for my upper denture and extractions is $5,678.00 and I have to pay $4,208.00 and my partial for the bottom and extractions is $4,244.00 and I have to pay $2,774.00 because my dental Insurance only pays $1,500.00 a year also. I was in tears over the cost. My teeth hurt so bad and I am afraid to smile because what teeth I have left are broken and the nerves are showing so it is not a pretty smile. I don't have many extractions on the top for them to do because most of them have already been pulled and the bottom well there is only 4 to get pulled so why is the cost so much? I am now looking into the cost of dental care in Mexico and I am really thinking strongly of flying there to get this work done. I don't know why we all pay so much for dental insurance if when we need work done it don't pay for hardley any of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
(female)

sj3fans HB User
Re: Cost of Dental Surgery and Dentures

I just had 15 uppers taken out and the upper dentures mine were $2200
I pd cash and it was $1980 I have no dental
check out Affordable Dentures if you have one around I've heard great things about them, I had mine done is only local, I'm happy with everything but they dont IU dont have a tight fit like I should so I have to use fixodent powder
Goold Luck

Old 11-20-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
(female)

Taobeemr HB User

I agree, look at Affordable Dentures- my upper teeth were extracted-temporary upper denture with free relinings and adjustments, two implants and crowns on the bottom, and in two weeks, I am getting 6 midi implants and then the premium denture that snaps in- no roof. Total Cost? $4800. The clinics are everywhere, and they differ somewhat due to their manager/owners. However, my dental journal at the clinic in Salisbury,MD has been probably my best dental experience. Good luck!

Old 11-21-2006, 06:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

GO to a Dental College. Things move MUCH more slowly but MUCH more cheaply. The work is well supervised by a staff of expert dentists (unlike, I might add a private practitioner.)
I think I have had 4 people look at a single tooth and its X-rays before giving me my ooptions.

A full or partial at one of the most prestigious schools in America goes for $450. Extractiions are $100 each (perhaps less if done en masse.)

If you can afford go to the dentist who gave Denzell Washington his beautiful front caps, do so. But for those of us in the REAL world, money IS an issue.

The drawback to a dental school is the myriad of appointments needed. THis is good for someone retired and nearby but less attractive for someone with a job and 100 miles from the school.

Last edited by Lenin; 11-21-2006 at 06:38 AM.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:07 AM   #6
(female)

Daisy37 HB User

Thanks for your response. I get my teeth extracted tomorrow (Thanksgiving eve ) and those temps put in for 6 months. I'm going to get them to charge out the cost of the dentures after the first of the year - with this $1500. and getting my $1500. for next year, plus the difference between the what the insurance pays and doctor charges - my portion will check out to be only around $6000. Still sounds like they're charging way to much. But being the coward that I am - I'll be glad to get it over in one clean sweep. I checked the dental college and it sounded like way too many visits - I'd probably loose alot of work and that would definately not be convenient. Bottom line is the insurance companies need to up the cap, but we all know they and the utility companies rule the country, so what's a gal to do.

I'm not so nervous over the extractions as I am over wearing the dentures afterwards - for some reason I'm scared to death about getting use to them.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:58 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy37
I checked the dental college and it sounded like way too many visits - I'd probably loose alot of work and that would definately not be convenient. Bottom line is the insurance companies need to up the cap, but we all know they and the utility companies rule the country, so what's a gal to do.
I couldn't agree with you more on all counts. I wish you well and a Happy Thanksgiving - although I know you won't be able to enjoy much this year - but mashed potatoes, stuffing, yams and lots of gravy accompanied by egg nog may not be so bad. Good Luck.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:10 AM   #8
(female)

laura1981 HB User

I had all my top teeth removed, and all my molars on the bottom drilled and filled in one swoop 8 days ago, and upper denture put in immediately. The cost of that, a cleaning of the bottom, and the re-align in 3 months totaled 7200.00. All out of pocket as I have no dental coverage.

Closed Thread