It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2006, 08:10 AM   #1
(female)

zozo0487 HB User
Tooth Sensitivity after root canal

Hello everyone,
First I would like to complement these message boards. Everyone on them is so helpful and I've been reading them for various reasons for a while now.

So here's my problem. A couple of months ago I had a root canal done on one of my top left molars. Prior to the procedure I had developed extreme sensitivity to cold in my mouth, although most of the sensitivity was in the immediate area surrounding the tooth that needed the root canal. My dentist told me the root canal MIGHT help the sensitivity. He also told me just to continue using sensodine and prevident.

After the root canal once I got the permanent crown, the rest of my teeth ceased being sensitive. Now the only teeth that are sensitive are the tooth with the crown and the one immediately below it. I went back in for an adjustment on the crown and told my dentist about this. He said just to continue using the sensodine and prevident, that there was nothing to be done about it.

I'm very upset because now I'm having sensitivity not only to cold but to hot as well. I can only chew food on the right side of my mouth. The sensitivity to cold is so bad that I have to use warm water to rinse in the morning after I brush. My money is quickly disappearing, what with the nearly two thousand-dollar root canal. If anyone has had experiences similar to this I would appreciate the input. I need advice. Plus I am desperately craving ice cream!

Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread