It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
(female)

Kimspikedhair HB User
Unhappy Severe Pain after Root Canal

Hi, I am crying as I am typing this, I had/have a toothache, so I went in to see this new dentist today. Last month I left my past dentist, because he was a Quack, he failed 2 root canals and he left in one of my tooths, what they call a file, I call it a "Sewing Needle", ofcourse after I left this place, I have heard from other people how this place screwed up there teeth also UGH!!. Well anyway I went to this new dentist today, and he did a root canal, because of the toothache (He said that a nerve was infected) well guess what? I'm in more frickin pain now than I was when I had the toothache!! I had this one dentist years ago, and he was the best, everytime that I had a toothache, he would do a root canal and my toothache pain went away right away, I didn't have no after root canal pain either, But why I had to switch dentists was because he stopped taking my Dental Insurance. :-(
I'm I seeing another quack dentist??? In the past 2 months (Since December) I have had 4 toothaches, 4 teeth pulled, 1 root canal that failed and had a "sewing needle" left in it (My oral surgeon gave me the tooth with the "sewing needle" still in it) and now this failed root canal! :-(
Can a person have severe pain after a root canal??
Am I just destined to have this tooth pulled out also??
I am going to call this dentist tomorrow morning and tell him that I'm in severe pain, and the pain med that he gave me doesn't even help. :-(
I am so crying right now because I just can't believe that this is happening to me AGAIN!! This pain is even going towards my other side of my face UGH!!
OH God please don't let me have another toothache coming on!!
When I even just touch this tooth, I want to hit the roof, the pain is that bad, it's all the time pain, no matter what I do. :-(
I have 7 teeth left on the bottom (all in front), and 7 teeth on the top (not including the 3 "fake" teeth that are a bridge).
I am soooooooooo ready to just have ALL of my teeth pulled out and end up with dentures.
I don't care what my teeth look like, I just can't stand all of this darn toothaches within 2 months!!
Usually I get just 1 toothache a year, but 4 within 2 months? that's ridiculous!
Oh and get this, this dentist asked me who my oral surgeon is (I have been with this oral surgeon for many years now, the best dentist guy who I had was the one who recommend the oral surgeon to me)
well this new dentist guy told me that my oral surgeon was his instuctor, and that he learned alot from him (well if this is a failed root canal, than obviously he wasn't paying attention to my oral surgeon when he was teaching him UGH!!)
Because I have had NO problems with my oral surgeon.
I guess I could go on and on, but it's getting late, so I better get to bed, and TRY to sleep which I'm sure that I won't be able too. :-(
Sorry so long!

Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2007, 03:52 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Severe Pain after Root Canal

First of all, oral surgeons do not teach dental students how to do root canals. That is done by endodontists. And I would NEVER let a general dentist do a root canal on me. ONLY an endodontist should do them. THat's what they are trained to do and it's all they do. My BIL is an endodontist and he sees lots of people who have been messed up by general dentists trying to do root canals. If I were you, I'd see an endo and get all this straightened out.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

SamanthaYork HB User
Re: Severe Pain after Root Canal

i had root canal and had to take four days off work. go back you might need antibiotics coz of infection. what i did was take paracetamol and nurofen at once - u can do this.

work it out so u are taking two every two hours, like p at 2 n at 4 p at 6 etc etc etc.

good luck - it does get better.

but i aint having one again unles i really need one!

Closed Thread