It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2007, 02:26 AM   #1
(female)

niknak278 HB User
Root canal problem

Hi, please help because I am in so much pain. I have been having trouble with my upper right 2nd front tooth for ages now. To begin with I had a white filling on the side of the tooth, then this started really hurting so I went to my dentist and he prescibed me Antibiotics (amoxy.) as he thought i may have some infection there, however the pain still didn't subside so he carried out root canal a couple of days ago and I have been in real pain ever since the injection wore off. Now my face is slightly swollen on the right hand side and I am in agony. The tooth itself is really sensitive to touch even on the outside of my face. I am also experiencing pain in my right nostril and right cheek...my dentist isn't open at weekends but i'm going 1st thing tomorrow, has anyone got any idea what the problem might be? I'm terrified I am going to lose my front tooth.

Thank you ever so much

Old 03-25-2007, 05:06 AM   #2
(female)

ms58 HB User
Re: Root canal problem

Last summer I had a painful tooth which required a root canal. I also thought it would feel good after the root canal as it was then dead. But the dentist told me that all the nerves surrounding the root were sensative because of the tooth and procedure and it could take weeks to feel better. After months it finally felt OK again.

Yours could be the same or maybe he didn't get the whole root out. Taking an over the counter pain pill, I think they gave me Advil? helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2007, 05:37 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I would get a referral to an endodontist. You should never let a general dentist do a root canal. Only an endo. My BIL is an endo. He sees so many people who've let a general dentist do one and then he has to straighten out the mess.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
(female)

helenray HB User

whats better for a toothache that needs a root canal hot compress or a cold compress?

Closed Thread