It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2007, 10:53 PM   #1
(female)

kurango HB User
Should my lower denture fit better or . . .

Or WHAT???

I now feel that I HAVE TO USE Sea-Bond Denturite, which is a temporary, custom-fit denture reliner, which lasts approximately 5 to 7 days. Even with that I still need to use Poligrip, Fixodent, or Sea-Bond adhesive strips, (I hate them all).

With all that going on they still unseed. When I eat with my lowers in I feel like I have rocks in my mouth. What goes through my head is . . . what the hell, why did you put more food in your mouth, you already had too much in there to begin with!

If I cough or sneeze I am waiting for my lower denture to go flying across the room.

I've told my dentist that I think they are too big but he tells me that's kind of life for you now.

I really don't feel like I can eat in public.

Is this life for me now or should I expect a better fit??

TIA,
kurango

Old 03-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #2
(female)

me2007 HB User
Re: Should my lower denture fit better or . . .

No way! No one should have to live with ill fitting dentures, and thats what yours sound like they are. I have lowers (and uppers) myself and have gone through living hell with the lowers. In fact Im in the process right now with getting new ones.....custom made. But first they need to trim my lower ridge down some. The prosthdontist just told me two weeks ago that this was part of my problem (high ridge), besides having a small mouth. Just keep going back to your dentist, but dont give up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 06:22 PM   #3
(female)

kurango HB User

Have you ever had lower dentures that fit correctly?

TIA

Old 03-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #4
(female)

me2007 HB User

I started out with a lower partial and I could have kept the partial but went to a full lower denture because the upper denture would not line up with the real ones I had left on the bottom (along with the partial). Thats why I went to a full lower denture. Like I said in my first response I have a small mouth so thats why Im having more problems than usual. Plus with my lower ridge being up higher than it should, thats contributing to the improper fit. To answer your question....no, I havent had a set that have fit me good but Im working on it. Mine do not stay in good and I get sores on my gums all the time. Im in the process right now of having oral surgery to fix the ridge and Im going to a Prothodontist (which I suggest). This is sorta funny even though it isnt when its your mouth. I had a dentist tell me once that when he was in dental school a professor told him that when people get fitted for dentures they should just throw the lowers in for free. Lowers are the hardest to get a proper fit. Dont give up though. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Closed Thread