It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #1
(female)

Trish17 HB User
Unhappy Calcium deposits on inner jawbone?

The jawbone underneath my tongue (lower molar jaw) is getting so large that I can't get a toothbrush between the the sides . It looks like a huge, deformed bone. I was told by one dentist that it was going to require re-constructive surgery on the bone, and another one told me that nothing can be done. Before I see another dentist, can someone tell me if you know of this? Oral surgery is so expensive, and I have no dental coverage. I really am anxious about it. Help!

Trish

Old 05-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Calcium deposits on inner jawbone?

It sounds like it might be a boney tori. I had one on my upper jaw removed. The exodontist who removed it just charged $120. I don't know how different the procedure is in removing a tori from under the tongue as compared to removing one from an outer jaw. For me, he cut my gum from my eye-tooth to the back of my jaw, lifted the gum, ground down and sculpted the bone, then sewed the gum back in place. He said it was the largest tori he had ever seen so he had to do quite a bit of work on me.

I have had the tori for years. All my dentists all said they were harmless. Mine finally got big enough that I was catching food between the tori and my cheek and I was getting sores from where the food rubbed. That was why I had it removed. You might try doing a web search to see if you can find out any additional information.

Good luck finding something that works for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread