It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 06:22 AM   #1
(male)

addison1 HB User
tongue bite ?

Hi,
I had a big tongue bite more than a year ago. I forgot about it for about a month or two until I saw one bump on my tongue. I think I felt something on my tongue thoroughout that time but never looked at it. One day I looked at my tongue and I saw a bump on the side of my tongue where I had biten it during the meal. Now it's more than a year after and that one bump is still there in a same size and look. It is same skin as the rest of my tongue. No coloration or anything like that. If feels sore when I press on it with my teeth.
My question is whether a tongue bite bump can last this long, or could it be something else. It is a singular bump with no other spreads. Also, I had not been exposed to any sexual contact other than an open kissing.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #2
(female)

mom2twinboys HB User
Re: tongue bite ?

A few months ago I kept happening to bite my tongue in the very same area! The other day I too looked at my tongue and noticed a bump...but this was before my dental appt and actually I forgot to ask but she did the tongue,throat and cancer check and said all was ok.

But if I remember correctly(?) back on the last appt (I go to the dentist every 3 months!)...I had told them I keep biting my tongue in the same area lately...she had mentioned something about scar tissue is what I believe she said. But didnt seem concerned about it. I think I was stressed and my bite was off at the time? Not sure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User
Re: tongue bite ?

I Bit My Tongue More Than 10 Years Ago, There Is A Bump There, It Is On The Right Hand Side Tip Of The Tongue, It Has Never Bothered Me Except When I Bite It Again. There Is No Problem With It Other Than The Fact That My Dentist Asked Me Every Time I Go If That Is New, You Would Think He Might Remember After This Length Of Time.

Closed Thread