It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
(female)

hsp1 HB User
Red face Burning tongue due to new toothpaste!

Good day all!

I really need your help about something. I was using Crest toothpaste and last night I ran out and had to go to the store to pick some new toothpast up. Well years ago (about 2 years ago) I used to use Listerine tooth paste and it worked wonders. That being said I desided to buy a tube. Well after brushing the usial time I brush my teeth (2 minutes) my tongue was singed from the toothpaste. It hurt so bad when I talked too. Today my tongue feels rather numb and i can hardly taste things. My roommate desided to try this toothpaste today. She too had the same reaction, the burning of the tongue.
Question 1, has this ever happened to you?
Question 2, is it normal that my tongue has not healed?
Question 3, what is your best advice...
Question 4, How long will it take for me to get my full feeling back in my tongue and to be able to taste fully (your best guess)?

Thank you good people for your time on this matter!

Take care!

Last edited by hsp1; 05-27-2007 at 03:17 PM.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

arlmon18 HB User
Re: Burning tongue due to new toothpaste!

Your toothpaste must be really strong. I'm not a dentist, but isn't 2 minutes a long time to brush your teeth? Be careful not to be too rough and use a soft brush only. Try using a toothpaste for sensitive teeth. It's always a good idea to check with your dentist if you still have discomfort.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ILYF HB User
Re: Burning tongue due to new toothpaste!

I bought that Crest Pro-health and it was kind of like that to me too, not that bad but too strong. If it dribbled down my chin(since I use a Sonicare it's hard not to) my chin would be red where the foam had been! And that new Crest rinse was like what you are talking about on the toothpaste...I couldn't use it at all. My tongue was raw and I couldn't taste my food...HA! I would advise the company of this. That's too strong!!!!! I would say that a couple two or three days would be about normal for this to last. Oh and 2 minutes is what you are supposed to brush...my toothbrush is timed at 2 minutes.

Last edited by ILYF; 05-30-2007 at 01:18 PM.

Closed Thread