It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
(male)

arcaro HB User
temporary bridge pain

I had my four front teeth removed 2 days ago , and had three teeth on each side prepped for my temp bridge, It was a long day. After I was sent home I had some pain on the left side when I bite down on the bridge and of course I was very sore. today I still have nerve pain when I bite down on the left side so I have been eating on the right. I went to the dentist again today and told him I was still getting pain and he said take Advil and we will see if it settles down , and if not we will look into the tooth as it might need a root canal if it don't calm down. I'm also getting a lot of saliva now since this work. Is this normal after such work? I'm very nervous as I don't want more problems.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: temporary bridge pain

It can be normal for teeth to be sensitive after prepping and they may settle down after a few days to a few weeks - sometimes the prepping can damage the nerve and the tooth will need a root canal. If however it only hurts when you chew and is not hurting other times you may want to ask the dentist to check the temp - it may not be seated properly against the gum or not meeting the tooth below it correctly or it could be loose and recementing may help. The extra saliva may have to do with the prepping or the material used for the temps. Your salivary glands may have been over stimulated - which is actually better than what I had - my temps caused my mouth to feel very dry so I started drinking a lot of water to keep it moistened.

Last edited by Thelma-Louise; 06-15-2007 at 07:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2007, 08:18 PM   #3
(male)

arcaro HB User

Hello, again. I still need help here. I ended up going back to the dentist and having it out with him, He ended up ordering me a new temporary bridge. We ll he put it in and now it seemed closer to the look of my original teeth. we adjusted the bite and I went home, Later it seemed I was going to be ok, My one tooth on the back of the bridge seemed to be settling down but still feels weird to bite down but no major pain . ( sharp nerve pain) well a few days later it started feeling weird again like when I bite I would feel my gum press like you had food in it. now I have sharp pain that comes and goes. i couldn't even run my tongue over the tooth. so now Im going back to the dentist tomorrow and get a xray. I really thought I was doing the right thing to get this work done and I will be paying for it myself with no insurance help. I cant help to feel like it was a mistake.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User

Although it could be that the tooth may require a rc - prepping or filing the tooth down sometimes damages the nerve - ask him to check for extra cement that may be lodged between the bridge and your gum - it can cause pain and pressure such as you describe as well.

Closed Thread