It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
(female)

plc HB User
osseous surgery???

Hi everyone, I have posted before, however I refer to my procedure as gum surgery, when the proper name is osseous surgery. Has any one had this? and if so what is the recovery time??? I'm having it on a friday, in hopes to be back to work on monday. My peridontist told me everyone heals at their own pace.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:11 AM   #2
(female)

plc HB User
Re: osseous surgery???

Thank you so much for responding, Needless to say I'm alittle nervous. I'm only having one quardant done(the side where the tooth has gone bad,for that is being pull at the same time) I'm suppose to have all quardants done,however I'm not a rich person and that is why only one side is being done. My concern is I'm leaving for vacation 2 wks after the procedure is being done,will I be ok? I know the first two to three days will be uncomfortable, also I'm allergic to epi, therefore I need plain novicane, I hope that not going to be a problem,my doctor told me I may bleed more then normal and he will have to work faster. I understand the reason why this is being done, however I have not neglect my teeth,seen the dentist every 3mos, also brush and floss three times a day...My dentist told me this is a common problem with peridontal diease and my good efforts prolong this procedure to be done. I'm sorry to rant on but I'm alittle nervous. Thank you again for responding.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
(female)

plc HB User
Re: osseous surgery???

I want to thank you for your insight and kind words,the procedure is done and so far all is going well,the dental pack is starting to be alittle uncomfortable, he told me the longer it stays on the better my outcome would be,but if it falls off no big deal. Needless to say I am babying it and eating soft foods so it stays on. Again thank you for your support

Closed Thread