It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dma11663 HB User
Filling coming Loose (only 3 weeks old)

Hi,

I am a regular here on this board. I had a lot of dental work done 3 weeks ago. In addition to scaling, root planing and antibiotic treatment, I had a few fillings done as well. All on the same day while I was asleep. Last night while travelling home from work, I noticed that tooth 28 on the lower right side (which is 3rd tooth from the front toward the back of the mouth) where the dentist placed a "white" filling on the side of the tooth was feeling a bit sensitive. I took out a mirror and looked at it and low and behold when I moved it with my finger nail I could pull it up, which I didn't continue to do. I pushed it back down. I have a follow up on this Thursday morning but I got so nervous I called the dentist immeditely from my cell and explained the situation. I called him again about 1/2 hour later worried that my filling would fall out and i would be in pain, which I am not in pain yet. He told me to be careful, etc. and that if anything should arise between last night and Thursday morning, to call his cell phone and he would be around, even though it was a holiday tomorrow.

I am so worried I am going to abscess or something. I dont brush that tooth now, as if I go back it will come up again. I am worried. any advice? He is out of the office today and tomorrow. What can I do to prevent anything bad from happening (other than pray I just don't want to cause any nerve damage, etc. I would like to just be able to put a new filling. What is it with front teeth......do they not hold fillings?

Thanks.

D

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
Re: Filling coming Loose (only 3 weeks old)

I'd gently brush to keep debris away and do salt water rinses to keep your mouth as clean as possible. Don't eat any sticky foods like caramel, etc (of course that's a no-brainer!)

Good luck!

Old 07-04-2007, 05:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

dma,

Get a bottle of any mouthwash that has CETYL PYRIDIUM CHLORIDE listed as an ingredient and gargle the area a couple times a day. It is an antiseptic that will keep the area free of bacteria. Try not to eat on your right side.

Usually a composite "White" filling makes a strong bond with the teeth. I guess your dentist didn't use the "etching" material right...it roughens the surface for better contact with the filling.

I lost one a couple months ago soon after it was installed...it was repaced and is holding fine.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:25 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

td9997 HB User
Cool Re: Filling coming Loose (only 3 weeks old)

DMA,

Im sorry youve lost a filling thats not good (( it might not get totally exposed right away, watch your chewing, concentrate on nursing that tooth ,it throws your whole mouth off kilter to have a jagged area of any kind

I too lost a filling recently on my root canal tooth a molar on the upper right side the only molar left on that side thanks to my gum disease. btw I had the root canal just 2 weeks ago

I was munching on an onion ring, my crown hadnt been put on yet{I still wonder why?} and the hygenist did tell me not to eat anything gooey or sticky, (is an onion ring gooey?) why didnt I get my crown on the same day was my question?
I payed 200 and insurance paid 600 the Dentist gave me 300 off of my next partial if I ever get another one. I had to ask for that discount she said quote, "Its not my fault your tooth broke" unquote,
I said the last thing Id want to do is cause a ruckus at the DENTIST OFFICE they patched my tooth Im supposed to get it pulled, I don like to get teeth pulled they still have miles on them

I hope you get some relief,
take care

td

Old 07-10-2007, 08:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dma11663 HB User

Hi Everyone, thanks for responding.

I went on Thursday. Had to get 3 shots to numb the area. The filling was coming up (although it held on for the 2 days that I was waiting). He pulled it off and refilled. Drilling took about only 20 seconds. I am not a happy camper these days. I jsut had a lot of work done and I just don't feel good with my mouth. I have bad gums but my fillings feel funny too. I think I need an adjustment on a tooth that he had to "build up" as it looked like it broke a bit.

Do any of ever need adjustsments? If so, whta do they do?

I hate the thought of eating these days......I feel so bad.

Closed Thread