It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

raven047 HB User
immediate denture information

I am new to this and have alot of questions. I have spent a small fortune on my teeth in the past and have always had problems. Now the dentist wanted me to have my gums split open and surgery done to scrap infection from my gums and hopefully tighten up my teeth that had become loose. then after this expensive oral surgery, he wanted to do crowns. I have opted not to have this done because of the expense and no guarantee that this problem would be corrected. I have been experiencing bleeding, absesses and swollen gums as well as pain. I have been twice to the dentist to have impressions made and the next time I go it will be for extractions and to seat my immediate denture. Top plate only. I am concerned about what to expect, healing time as well as cosmetic appearance of new teeth. If anyone can tell me anything or give me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated. I am also wondering if everyone will be able to tell that I have dentures. Recovery time, etc.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
(female)

Vergie HB User
Smile Re: immediate denture information

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven047 View Post
I am new to this and have alot of questions. I have spent a small fortune on my teeth in the past and have always had problems. Now the dentist wanted me to have my gums split open and surgery done to scrap infection from my gums and hopefully tighten up my teeth that had become loose. then after this expensive oral surgery, he wanted to do crowns. I have opted not to have this done because of the expense and no guarantee that this problem would be corrected. I have been experiencing bleeding, absesses and swollen gums as well as pain. I have been twice to the dentist to have impressions made and the next time I go it will be for extractions and to seat my immediate denture. Top plate only. I am concerned about what to expect, healing time as well as cosmetic appearance of new teeth. If anyone can tell me anything or give me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated. I am also wondering if everyone will be able to tell that I have dentures. Recovery time, etc.

Hi Raven,

I just had gone thru this process very recently with UPPER immediate dentures only. As for the healing time, it varies from one person to another, depending on how many teeth extracted before installation of dentures. ...As for me, the whole experience was almost painless. I think looking at myself WITHOUT my natural teeth was more painful!! LOL!!!...I had an early morning appointment, extracted the remaining 3 upper teeth left, immediately had the dentures fitted, came home, and took pain pills, slept all nite with the dentures and saw the dentist the following day. I started using the adhesives almost immediately. This I really had to experiment with cause I didn't know how much to use. After the 1st week, I was able to eat steak already, but I have to chew slowly.... You'll do fine Raven. If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask....Vergie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread