It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2007, 05:24 AM   #1
(male)

krazymonkey500 HB User
Need advice on Teeth Whitening

I need a considerable amount of dental work done on my teeth due to bad brushing habits as a child which also involves some staining. I was wondering if it would be best to whiten my teeth before I get the dental work done of after. The time it would take to get the dental work done would be over a few months, maybe 2, due to money and availability issues. The whitening, however, would take 2 weeks and offer some quick satisfaction. I just don't want to do it for nothing if it will interfere or make my dental work look blotchy after fillings or facings are done. Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #2
(female)

Lalena HB User
Re: Need advice on Teeth Whitening

I have the same question. Do fillings take to whitening or is it best to whiten before you get caps and fillings so that you can just have the dental work matched to the color of the rest of your teeth? Help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
(male)

haldane4 HB User
Re: Need advice on Teeth Whitening

I would advise getting all your whitening done before your dental work.

My teeth were discoloured due to poor brushing, eating and drinking habits and smoking - I had a little work done and the dentist matched the filling to that of my uncleaned teeth. Now I have cleaned up my own natural enamel but the dental work is almost brown-stained by comparison. There seems to be no way of resolving this without having all the work redone which I simply can't afford.

It's very frustrating to make an effort to maintain one's teeth and gums knowing nothing can improve their appearance.

Closed Thread