It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2007, 02:56 AM   #1
(female)

girlmovingtobos HB User
Problem with possible allergy to crowns

Hi,

I have four Empress porcelain crowns put in with Rely-X bonding agent. When I had the temporary crowns, I felt fine - just like myself. I could eat like normal, had an appetite, etc. After the dentist bonded the porcelain to my teeth on July 3rd, I immediately felt nauseous and a little strange. I went to a store in the afternoon and remember wondering if I was going to be able to even go in bec I felt so weird. Has anyone else ever experienced these symptoms after getting a crown cemented in? What kind of crown was it? I do not feel like myself. I am agitated, can't sleep at night, was experiencing a lot of pain initally but now it's better. I had one crown (porcelain fused to metal) put in the back of my mouth and it felt great. These in front feel weird and not like they're part of me. When I've talked to other ppl who got crowns, they said their crowns felt like their real teeth. I really want to take the crowns off. I don't know what to do bec if I take them off, I don't know if the problem will go away or not. The dentist I went to is willing to take them off but she has never had anyone react like I have.

Please help! Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
(female)

catholicgirl HB User
Re: Problem with possible allergy to crowns

It is very common for people to have problems with crowns. Find out what kind they are. They probably have copper in them which causes all kinds of reactions in your immune system. If the are "stainless steel" then there is copper in them. Most of the metals used create problems. Titanium is pretty compatable that is what I will be getting. Were the crowns put on top of silver fillings? That would be even worse.

You know you were really blessed to have noticed these changes and relating them to your crowns. Many people live their lives not knowing why they have all of the diseases and immune problems thay have. I wish you the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
(male)

Donno55 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlmovingtobos View Post
Hi,

I have four Empress porcelain crowns put in with Rely-X bonding agent. When I had the temporary crowns, I felt fine - just like myself. I could eat like normal, had an appetite, etc. After the dentist bonded the porcelain to my teeth on July 3rd, I immediately felt nauseous and a little strange. I went to a store in the afternoon and remember wondering if I was going to be able to even go in bec I felt so weird. Has anyone else ever experienced these symptoms after getting a crown cemented in? What kind of crown was it? I do not feel like myself. I am agitated, can't sleep at night, was experiencing a lot of pain initally but now it's better. I had one crown (porcelain fused to metal) put in the back of my mouth and it felt great. These in front feel weird and not like they're part of me. When I've talked to other ppl who got crowns, they said their crowns felt like their real teeth. I really want to take the crowns off. I don't know what to do bec if I take them off, I don't know if the problem will go away or not. The dentist I went to is willing to take them off but she has never had anyone react like I have.

Please help! Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks so much!

Old 11-14-2007, 08:17 PM   #4
(male)

Donno55 HB User

My wife has a very strong allergic reaction to anything with titanium. It's unusual, but don't rule it out. I don't think it is normally used in crowns, but it used in the bonding agent in composite fillings now.

Closed Thread