It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
(female)

Kimspikedhair HB User
Unhappy Denture And Toothaches

(Sorry So Long)
Hi, I had an Immediate Top Denture put in (along with 7 teeth pulled) on June 13th, well I can't stand my denture!!! :-(
It hurts soooooooooooooo much to wear it, I get tons of blisters on my gums and my dentist has done like 7 adjustments on it, (even a soft reline) and it still hurts UGH!!
My dentist did say that the teeth aren't aligned right, that the lab screwed up, and that eventually I will need to have a new denture made, I just hope that I won't have to pay anything for a new denture, being that the lab screwed up, this denture that I have costs me $1,500.
I have 6 remaining teeth left (bottom) and I will be getting them all extracted on August 1st because there all giving me toothaches! :-(
I have been in chronic toothache pain since this past December, and I'm just tired of it.
After getting these 6 remaining teeth extracted, I would have 20 teeth extracted since December (13 of those teeth extracted this summer) all because of toothaches. :-(
My dentist did that "cold" test on my teeth, and he said that the nerves were dead, so that's why I was getting all of these toothaches, and my teeth didn't even look that bad.
My dentist even asked me if I had some kind of medical condition, because he said that it was unusual to have this many toothaches all in one time.
I have had problems with my teeth all of my life, I have had everything known to dentistry done on me, "braces/headgear,crowns,fillings,root canals, lots of oral surgery, had the rough of my mouth cut wide open so the oral surgeon could get into my jawbone to try to get the 2 eye teeth that were stuck up there, talk about PAIN, I had over 50 stiches on the rough of my mouth,4 wisdom teeth cut out, the only way that you could tell that I had them was thru an x-ray."
I wanted to keep all of my teeth, but being that all of the nerves in all of my teeth are dead and causing me toothaches, I have to get them all extracted.
If anyone is thinking about getting dentures, I would try as much as possible to save the natural teeth if you can, because having dentures just sucks!!!
In my case I had no choice, I had to go the denture route. :-(
I am going to wait to get a bottom denture made until my gums are fully healed, I'm not doing that Immediate Denture route again.
I was thinking on affordable dentures, someone on here said that you get what you pay for, well I couldn't get any worse with a denture than I am now, by paying $1,500 and can't wear the darn thing. :-(
I have been on vicodin since December because of Chronic toothaches, well being that I'm getting my last 6 teeth extracted next week, I wanted to get off of the vicodin, well I am going thru withdrawal right now, It's been 4 days now since I took the vicodin, It's been pretty rough the past few days but I know that I can make it!!
What can I take for the pain after I get my 6 bottom teeth extracted??
Would over the counter Ibuprofen help with the gum pain?
Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2007, 11:32 PM   #2
(female)

suzyisdizzy HB User
Re: Denture And Toothaches

Hi Kim,
I am so sorry you aren't doing well. I have all my bottom molars pulled out (I get by without a partial denture...I probably should have one, but I have bothered). I have all my top molars, but they all need to go too. On Tuesday I am starting with just one being pulled. My teeth have been bad my whole life and they got to the point where they don't have enough tooth to be able to stay together.
I've felt my share of pain too. 3 root canals due to dead teeth that absessed.
I am so scared of dentures. Once all my molars are gone, I probably should get a partial denture. Do you not have any teeth left at all?
I am so sorry your new dentures are fitting right. Maybe the dentist can fix them. Maybe you can get a 2nd opinion from another dentist.
Hopefully someone else will post something about dentures.
I just wanted you to know that I feel for you and I do hope you are doing better soon.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:54 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
Re: Denture And Toothaches

Kim,

You should urge your dentist to make a new upper for you right away. If the lab screwed up- it should not cost you anything nor should the dentist accept this. Your initial use of a new denture is so critical to your long term success with dentures, he should be doing everything he can to make you comfortable.

The chronic pain you have may be an indicator of other problems- maybe you should see your medical doctor and ask if you may have a condition called fibromyalgia. I do not know much about this condition but have heard others with a lot of dental issues being diagnosed with it.

Sandy

Closed Thread