It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User
Unhappy Back Teeth Breaking Off!

Hi guys. I brush regularly - but the centers of my back teeth keep breaking out! I still have the teeth but with pencil eraser size holes in the middle! I am a nursing mom and have been a nursing mom for five years! I got pregnant each time with our three children while breastfeeding with another. I'm starting to wonder if it may be due to all these years of breastfeeding taking away my calcium supply?

I have no insurance and I've waited so long now it would no doubt costs thousands to fix it.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: Back Teeth Breaking Off!

Well if its any consolation many women have trouble with their teeth due to pregnancy and nursing. I remember my mom telling me when she was pregnant with her 3rd child the dentist told her one more pregnancy and she would lose her teeth - sure enough my sister came along and my mom lost her teeth 5 years later. I am sure there are a lot of other factors that may contribute to problem teeth as well.

Hopefully all that needs to be done are fillings since it sounds like you have cavities - large ones - but if they are not hurting or sensitive to hot and cold - chances are the nerve is OK. Or you may be able to get overlays or a thin cap that covers the tooth. Only a dentist would be able to evaluate them and advise you of your options. If possible check out dental schools or universities since they can offer dental care at a reasonable rate or depending on your finances, look into credit cards for health and dental care - they usually offer 12 mos payment plans with 0% financing - most dental offices have applications.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread