It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
(female)

Jada62 HB UserJada62 HB User
Dentures

After 20 yrs of loose teeth and tons of$$$$$ I cannot afford to try to save them, I want to get dentures, I only have 11 teeth left in my mouth and I am now on a limited income , no dental ins and refuse to put any more money in these teeth only to have them get loose after a yr or so...problem..I cannot find a dentist here in my town(small townin northest Ohio) that will giv eme dentures!!!! They all want me to get procedures that will cost me thousands. While I do want to get a nice set of dentures, not some George Washington looking teeth, I cannot get anhyone to help me,,meanwhile my teeth are getting loose and infected...hey I am 64..what is wrong with me wanting dentures and be done with this angony??? Maybe the dentist will not be making anhy more money on my once I get dentures!!

Old 09-03-2007, 03:13 AM   #2
(female)

reyrey71 HB User
Re: Dentures

Try Affordable Dentures - do a search for them. Their prices arent too bad.

Last edited by reyrey71; 09-03-2007 at 03:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
(female)

Jada62 HB UserJada62 HB User

Thank you for your reply..I think we have one here in town but a friend of mines uncle went there and his teeth are way too big for his mouth, he was in a lot of pain when he first got them..it was evening and there was no one to contact..they were closed til am!! I guess it is the luck of the draw on who you get as a dentist.

Last edited by Jada62; 09-03-2007 at 11:27 AM.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
(female)

reyrey71 HB User

They prolly gave him immediate dentures which are always too big and sometimes can be painful following multiple extractions. I have heard nothing but great reviews of people that have gone to affordable dentures.

Another thing you may try is calling around to local universities. They sometimes have dental clinics that do the extractions for alot less then regular dentist. As for the the dentures you can try contacting some charity programs that can maybe help.

I too had very bad teeth and was in same boat as far as finances. 2 yrs later I found a place that did my extractions (23 of them) under general anesthesia for no cost. They also referred me to another charity program that will be making my dentures for $300 for both an upper/lower plates. Help is out there may take some time to find it but hang in there I am sure you will find something. Good luck to ya!!!

Old 03-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
(female)

Vickie788 HB User

Hi. I had the same problem with regular dentists. I had to buy dental insurance so it would cover some of it anyway, and then I went to an Oral SURGEON, who looked at my xrays and agreed right then to pull them all. Most DENTISTS will not pull all your teeth as, (in my opinion) its true, they cannot make money off of you then. They would not do it for me either. The Oral Surgeon did though. I also recomend going to a facility that specializes in dentures, as they will do the extractions and the dentures too, in a PACKAGE deal.Make sure you check prices, and coverage beforehand though, so you will pretty much know where you will stand financially.
If you can get Dental Insurance to help offset some of the cost and find a participating oral surgeon, it would help. Investigate what is covered and what is not first though.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
(female)

cats446 HB User

I have worn an upper denture for 37 years. It was only recently that I learned about tooth loss causing bone loss. If you can save a few teeth, do it. That can preserve bone until you can afford another plan of action.
It may be the reason dentists are reluctant to remove teeth that is preserving bone.
I have been without teeth for so long on top, it would not be worth the time or money to try and replace my bone. I am fortunate to have 4 remaining teeth on the front lower. That may give me enough area to have implants and a fixed bridge.
The 4 remaining teeth are doomed to fail soon. I had been going to the same dentist for 30 years and his equipment was not updated to even see my problems. I have been shown by 2 Prosthodontists that 1 tooth is cracked under the crown and the 3 others have decay under their crowns. I wear a lower partial. My hope is to have the four remaining teeth removed and get The Teeth In A Day procedure.
I will always wear a upper denture. Even If I won the lottery, my bone loss is too severe and I have to face facts.
You and I are about the same age (63) and you are lucky to have all those teeth.
No one told me how the teeth saved bone and I am soory to not have had this information.
Are you comfortable with your dentist? Once I went to a Prosthodontist, I can never go back. They have at least 3 extra years of training in making teeth and in dealing with problem cases.
Kay

Old 05-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #7
(female)

npille HB User

Check with the closest dental society to get the names of dentists who specialize in dentures. Since you are in a small town you may have to go to the next large city closest to you.

Closed Thread