It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

spilled_applejuice HB User
Question excruciating pain from wisdom tooth.. Please HELP

Hello,
My wisdom tooth on my right side has been bothering me for a few years now.
About 4 years ago I was told by my dentist that I needed to get them taken out because they were coming in sideways, and going to push all of my teeth together.
For the past year or so it has been causing me lots of pain.
Now, instead of a tooth, it is a rather large hole.
(yes, its gross) But every single time I eat anything I have to get a toothopick and clean out the hole.
And just recently within the last 3 months or so, it has gotten to the point where I cant stand it anymore.
I have extreme pain. I have been taking Excedrin and ibuprofen around the clock. But I think Im taking it so much I'm becoming immune. The pain is all along the right side of my jaw. Then it feels like someone has a steak knife inside of my ear. And all the way down the front and back of my neck is tender and sore. I cant even sleep on my right side anymore or I wake up an hour later in excruciating pain.
My sinuses have been really bad.And just yesterday it seems like my vision on my right side is blurred.
Anyone know what is going on? Is it infected and how serious is this?

I know its not good.
The problem is I have no health insurance. And Cant afford much of anything.
Just looking for some answers on what to do.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 09-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: excruciating pain from wisdom tooth.. Please HELP

Insurance or not this needs to be treated. It sounds like the tooth has decayed and its now infected. If left untreated the infection will go into your bone /sinus/jaw bone ect. This can become very very serious. Go to the ER today and get started on a antibiotic then see a oral surgon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
(male)

aliengtr1 HB User
Re: excruciating pain from wisdom tooth.. Please HELP

I am experiencing horrible toothache rigth now of corse its about 3am?!?! might go to emergency room, but I wanted to say that I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled out in my twenties. If you ever have that done, they will ask uif you want to be aawake or not. I chose to be 'asleep' and gla di did. I know someone who chose to be awake and it was horrible, there was cruching and they swore they felt it yukl!! Anyway, The dentist gave me a shot as I recall and told me to count from ten to 1 backwards, I was out by the time i counted from 10 to 7!!!! And when i awoke, it all done, my jaw was a bit sore but that was it. you wake up as if you had awoken from a realy nice sleep (not in a panic)

Closed Thread