It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2007, 04:06 AM   #1
(male)

reg50+ HB User
Bad Wisdom Tooth

Hi,
For my sins I now live in a small provincial city in Guangdong PRC. There is nothing much wrong with this until you get tooth ache.
Allow me to explain, I am novacaine insensitive, and recently a deeply filled wisdom tooth started giving me pain. I went to supposedly the best dentist in the city, he gave me two shots, and it was as though he hadn't given me anything. Every time he started to drill I jumped out of the chair. Needless to say I had to tell him to stop, and I went home.
Since then the remainder of the filling has fallen out, and now the nerve is fully exposed and very painful.
Another problem about living in China is getting really strong pain-killers. You can buy low dose Ibuprofin, but it is very low dose and doesn't do much to stop real pain. Whenever you talk about pain killers, they say, ' Western medicine is very bad for the body'!
To be frank I am fed-up with hearing this because I am loosing lots of sleep, and this is affecfting my mood to the point I have become an extremely grumpy *******!
What can I do to stop the pain, or at least reduce it?

Only sensible replies please

Reg50+
P.S. Please do not say, ' Fly back to the west and find a good dentist'!

Old 10-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #2
(female)

urhee HB User
Re: Bad Wisdom Tooth

You've got to go to another better dentist. There's no other way out. I have a receipe if you can find the ingredients in your neighbourhood. But it is just to ease the pain, not cure the matter. You've got to have the tooth extracted to solve your problem. Some Piper Betle Folia + 2 glass of water. Boil until it become 1 glass, let it go warm and then mouth wash carefully with it. If you can find the whole ingredients much better: Some Piper Betle Folia + Abrus Precatorius Folia + liquiritae radix + mentholum. Same method as the above.

I leave in the tropical country, so the above ingredients are abudance here. I don't know about it in RRC.

Good luck

If there are none in your area, perhaps a glass of warm water + 1 tablespoon of salt can help. Just wash your mouth with it. I try this after having my wisdom teeth removed and it help. But in your case I don't know. Or if you dare, make a lime juice and then mouth wash with it. Usually when I got aphta ulcer it works. It's painful at first, but after a while the pain goes away and the wounded skin regrew and cover the wound. But I don't know if it can help with your tooth pain. So go find a better dentist. Have it extracted, don't fix it. The wisdom teeth are not useful anyway. Cause many problems as it cannot be cleanesed thoroughly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2007, 12:29 AM   #3
(male)

reg50+ HB User
Re: Bad Wisdom Tooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by urhee View Post
You've got to go to another better dentist. There's no other way out. I have a receipe if you can find the ingredients in your neighbourhood. But it is just to ease the pain, not cure the matter. You've got to have the tooth extracted to solve your problem. Some Piper Betle Folia + 2 glass of water. Boil until it become 1 glass, let it go warm and then mouth wash carefully with it. If you can find the whole ingredients much better: Some Piper Betle Folia + Abrus Precatorius Folia + liquiritae radix + mentholum. Same method as the above.

I leave in the tropical country, so the above ingredients are abudance here. I don't know about it in RRC.

Good luck

If there are none in your area, perhaps a glass of warm water + 1 tablespoon of salt can help. Just wash your mouth with it. I try this after having my wisdom teeth removed and it help. But in your case I don't know. Or if you dare, make a lime juice and then mouth wash with it. Usually when I got aphta ulcer it works. It's painful at first, but after a while the pain goes away and the wounded skin regrew and cover the wound. But I don't know if it can help with your tooth pain. So go find a better dentist. Have it extracted, don't fix it. The wisdom teeth are not useful anyway. Cause many problems as it cannot be cleanesed thoroughly.
Urhee,
Thank you for the advice, I think you are right. I have free time from teaching tomorrow so I can look for another dentist.

Reg50+

Old 10-11-2007, 09:13 AM   #4
(female)

lysinelover HB User
Lightbulb Re: Bad Wisdom Tooth

You might try getting acupuncture or ear seeds to help with the pain- I have found it really works wonders- and you are in the right place for it!

Closed Thread