It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

amber17 HB User
how can you tell if your wisdom teeth are coming in?

how can you tell if your wisdom teeth are coming in? In the back of my mouth on the top, on the left side theres a sharp piece of what feels like a tooth poking through, it doesn't hurt but i cant open my mouth all the way, and when i do my jaw pops, and here lately i have been haveing severe headaches and getting really dizzy could this be wisdom teeth?

Old 10-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
(male)

Diabetic1 HB User
Exclamation Re: how can you tell if your wisdom teeth are coming in?

I had a wisdom tooth pulled today.It started coming in about 2 years ago.When it did the gum was starting to rip in little shreads.It would come out more about every 3-4 months.You'll know if it is;look for the gum to be torn and a bit of pain.BTW,if there are teeth near it the tooth will impact and cause alot of problems.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-11-2007 at 05:12 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
(male)

MHossa HB User
Re: how can you tell if your wisdom teeth are coming in?

I have one coming in the bottom on the right side and it's pretty visible.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:46 PM   #4
(female)

SarahofBorg HB User
Re: how can you tell if your wisdom teeth are coming in?

dizziness, headaches, and jaw popping are classic signs of TMJ, which could be caused by wisdom teeth or other jaw problems. If you don't get it looked at the TMJ can get much worse, so you defininitly should see an oral surgeon soon, NOT a regular dentist. I went to many different regular dentists about my TMJ and wisdom teeth problems and was always told everything should be fine. Now my TMJ is far worse and all my wisdom teeth are impacted (just had them removed yesterday.)
You honestly can't tell for yourself if they're going to be fine. They often come in partway but then stop, most of mine did that. There's a point where even if they aren't impacted they just plain stop coming in because it's too late. Definitely get it checked out now, and please mention you have TMJ!

Closed Thread