It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
(male)

JesseA HB User
Red face Red gums, red spots on lips.

I went to the dentist about 8 months back and she told me Im in the early stages of developing gum disease. I`ve always had great teeth and such so this was a shock to me, I began thinking maybe I have a health problem that`s causing gingivitis. However, I do notice that on my back molars behind them, by the gum line, is a lot of plaque that i can never get up by brushing or flossing and it is only those teeth where the gums are red and a bit tender when I press on them. I am ordering a waterpik tomorrow to help myself.

Another thing is, I have a small red dot on my lip that looks like I was *****ed with a needle, it does not hurt at all. Its been on my lip since July. (I also have an extremely similar dot on the palm of my had thats been there since I was in elementary school... i`m well out of elementary now)... At times, the inside of my bottom lip develop small UNraised red dots that go away but reappear at times. I showed this to my dr and he brushed it off as saying it was probably a vitamin deficiency.......... Also, when I press these dots (Including the old one on my palm), they suddenly "disappear", but when the pressure is released, they show.

Another thing, on both sides of my cheeck, where my top molars are, theres a raised bump with a red mark on the center... Because its on both sides of my cheek, in the exact spot, it seems I must be biting that part of my cheeck either when I close my mouth or when I`m asleep.. But i cant know for sure...

I am starting to get worried that i have MOUTH CANCER. I am young but I read it can develop in any age group. What does this seem like?

Last edited by JesseA; 10-28-2007 at 06:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
(male)

questions81 HB User
Re: Red gums, red spots on lips.

Wow thats the exact same thing im going through right now... whats going on? any answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseA View Post
I went to the dentist about 8 months back and she told me Im in the early stages of developing gum disease. I`ve always had great teeth and such so this was a shock to me, I began thinking maybe I have a health problem that`s causing gingivitis. However, I do notice that on my back molars behind them, by the gum line, is a lot of plaque that i can never get up by brushing or flossing and it is only those teeth where the gums are red and a bit tender when I press on them. I am ordering a waterpik tomorrow to help myself.

Another thing is, I have a small red dot on my lip that looks like I was *****ed with a needle, it does not hurt at all. Its been on my lip since July. (I also have an extremely similar dot on the palm of my had thats been there since I was in elementary school... i`m well out of elementary now)... At times, the inside of my bottom lip develop small UNraised red dots that go away but reappear at times. I showed this to my dr and he brushed it off as saying it was probably a vitamin deficiency.......... Also, when I press these dots (Including the old one on my palm), they suddenly "disappear", but when the pressure is released, they show.

Another thing, on both sides of my cheeck, where my top molars are, theres a raised bump with a red mark on the center... Because its on both sides of my cheek, in the exact spot, it seems I must be biting that part of my cheeck either when I close my mouth or when I`m asleep.. But i cant know for sure...

I am starting to get worried that i have MOUTH CANCER. I am young but I read it can develop in any age group. What does this seem like?
Wow thats the same

Closed Thread