It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
(female)

misseselite HB User
How rotten teeth can affect your body

How rotten teeth can affect your body

Old 10-31-2007, 08:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: How rotten teeth can affect your body

I was always told by my mother that the rotten teeth led to arthritis and that the poison from the rotten teeth run into your blood stream. I know I used to have a lot of rotten teeth due to genetics and at the age of 30, I had 11 teeth cut out. I could tell the difference once they were cut out because they were decayed all the way down to my gums. Also causes real bad breath as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2007, 06:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

Yes, I had 11 teeth cut out and had my dentures put in the same day and yes, it took awhile to get ajusted to them. I could tell the difference in my hands that suffered from arthritis and also health wise I felt better. Also food tasted better because rotten teeth leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #4
(female)

tdmap HB User

Hi it sounds like i am in the same boat you were at one time i have about 7 or 8 teeth that have rotted tothe gum also and some that are worse then that but i am affraid of dentist so i'm hoping you can give me some advise so where i would not be so scared to go.. what do they do when you can not see the tooth it is far past that point i have like black spots where the tooth is and i'm not sure if i could get dentures because i have waited to long to get them pulled .. so what exactly did the dentist do and was it painfull.. Thank you dtmap

Old 11-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

They cut them out and it's not painful, in my case they put me to sleep. That was 14 yrs ago and I have never regreted it once. Trust me when they get that bad it's time to have something done about them especially if you have insurance.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:24 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

plasticmouth HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmap View Post
Hi it sounds like i am in the same boat you were at one time i have about 7 or 8 teeth that have rotted tothe gum also and some that are worse then that but i am affraid of dentist so i'm hoping you can give me some advise so where i would not be so scared to go.. what do they do when you can not see the tooth it is far past that point i have like black spots where the tooth is and i'm not sure if i could get dentures because i have waited to long to get them pulled .. so what exactly did the dentist do and was it painfull.. Thank you dtmap
With a tooth/rotten tooth that is below the gumline, the dentist will usually drill into the tooth a bit in the centre, then break away the tooth inways into the hole with like a metal scriber (sharp pointy tool).
Ud'e be suprised how easily they can get rotten teeth out. I remember my dentist saying that even though most of my teeth were at gumline and below, because they were rotten they were soft and actually easier and less painfull to remove for the person than removing solid healty full dead teeth. And i'de have to agree , i had all 32 teeth removed (thats including my 4 wisdom teeth too ), i had no swelling , no bruising , no bad pain , no bleeding , no stitches and no gorse filling in the holes. I was smoking a ciggy 1 hr after the operation, although i quit ciggys long ago since then. And i've seen some of my mates have half health full teeth removed and had nothing but pain and bleeding, some needed stitches etc. Personaly i didnt find it to painfull, no more painfull than my tattoo's.

Closed Thread