It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
(female)

meaghan666 HB User
when an abcessed tooth is pulled can the infection still be there

when an abcessed tooth is pulled can the infection still be there

Old 10-29-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: when an abcessed tooth is pulled can the infection still be there

Yes - which is why most dentists will prescribe that an antibiotic be taken both prior to the extraction and afterwards for a few more days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2007, 12:45 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: when an abcessed tooth is pulled can the infection still be there

well,i had an infection in my tooth,i think it was there for about 3 years,kept on complaining of swelling etc,and was given anti biotics,each time.
but kept on being told nothing wrong even though x-rays were done,last month after i insisted i had a root canal done.

when treatment was started it was found a massive "minola"(sorry dont know how to spell it) infection was there which went undetected and had to have the tooth out.

yet i was kept being told nothing wrong,i am still having problems with swollen gums etc,and teeth pain, yet still getting told nothing, is wrong. and its in my mind

surly there is a deep scan x-ray dentists can use if they have a problem ,that they cant see on a normal x-ray,to get to the root of a problem.

but in my experiences they dont seem to want to know .but at the end of the day each time you visit dentist and have nor,mal x-rays ,its costing you money
all to get the same result ,dentist are paid enough to get decent equipment ,to find out what is causing unneccessary pain to a patient if not found by normal x-ray

good luck ,i hope you get over your infection soon and is sorted out

i seem to be the only person in the world any dentist will take note in what im saying

Closed Thread