It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2007, 09:06 AM   #1
(female)

Post-It HB User
Ouch! a little skeptical

About six months ago I had a filling done on my very back molar on the top left side. I noticed sensitivity for about a week after the filling was done...a pain that happened occasionally and radiated throughout the left side of my teeth, but after about a week, it stopped. This same pain appeared again on Saturday, only it hurts whenever I drink something...I can eat, brush, and floss just fine with no pain.

I visited the dentist yesterday and the hygienist said that the tooth next to the one that had a filling probably has a cavity and needs a filling as well. She did the cold air test and it definitely hurts when it's on the side that the filling was done (in between my last molar and the second to last molar), and that the radiating pain is probably because the other two teeth need fillings as well. My only concern is that her suggestion just seems like an educated guess! I mean, in my mind, it could either be that the tooth that already has the filling just needs more filling and that the nerve that is connected to all those teeth is obviously sensitive, or it could be that I have more cavities. I'm a little concerned about this..I don't want to have unnecessary fillings done.

She asked if I wanted the dentist to confirm, but I was tired of having induced pain, so I said no.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: Ouch! a little skeptical

i got a lot of sympathy for you,i know what pain like that is

try ,using corsydil mouthwash,its for gingivitous and sore gums,give that a week ,if it still painful it sounds like there could be a cavity ,but ,also could be the nerve which would need to be a root canal

hope you get sorted soon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #3
(female)

Post-It HB User
Re: Ouch! a little skeptical

Hi berger, thanks for your reply. I did ask about the possibility of a root canal, and she didn't seem to think that I would need one, mainly because the pain only happens when I drink something cold, and it goes away almost instantly. So, whew, hopefully I won't have to go that route. I am just really concerned with getting another filling on a tooth that may not need one just yet, OR missing the point of pain completely (like what if it really is the tooth that already has the filling, and I DO need a root canal?) I would just like to get it right the first time instead of having a procedure done, and finding out it was the wrong tooth to begin with.

I guess I should have asked for x-rays or something.

Closed Thread