It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 04:56 AM   #1
(male)

Johnii HB User
cracked tooth

My front tooth i.e the meat/sharp tooth has cracked at the side because the tooth next to it has put pressure on it and now there is a hole in the side of that tooth.
What i wanted to know is what will the dentist do to it? It seems the other side of my mouth is beginning to do the same also with the teethpusing against each other. Both my back teeth 3 from the end i had taken out cos they cracked under pressure from the adjacent teeth now it seems the same is happening at the front of my mouth
If he is forced to take this tooth out also is it possible to put in a replacement tooth for instacne as i dont one a hole in my smile lol.
Plus ho wmuch will that cost for someone in the UK.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:26 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: cracked tooth

well .there are a few possabilities ,what he might be able to do,.depending how bad the tooth is?

he might be able to save it and fill the tooth and make the tooth up? especially as its a front tooth
but,if the tooth is crumbling and the tooth is bad it may not be possible to save the tooth
and i would prepare to have to have a plate with a tooth put on ,or to have an implant?
which is pricey but if it is just one tooth ,then it be worth it

good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2007, 06:54 AM   #3
(male)

Johnii HB User

how much do you reckon it will cost for the tooth to be taken out and for the plant or the implant?. When i had the other tooth taken out at the back it cost 95 pound per tooth.
On the plus side my health insurance will taken care of 110 pound per yr for dental costs.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:31 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User

£95 for the tooth taken out ? bloody hell,i thought £69 was expensive when i had a tooth taken out .

well ,if it is a single tooth implant ,there is a dentist hospital called Eastmans,it is also a school for dentist and they ask for volunteers for students,(dont worry they are well supervised)

and you can get it done free if they accept you !.
but if you get it done at a normal dentist it all depends ? but what ever you do is make sure they are qualified to do implants?
i say this as there was a dentist near where i live wasnt and he done some real damage

you dont say where you live,but in london at a decent dentist it would cost you ,approx: £2,000-£3,000 per tooth implant.

but not every one is acceptable to implants and it wont work ,but im sure the dentist you see will be able to tell you wether you be suitable for an implant.

but ask around ,hopefully you might know someone who has had an implant ?
but just make sure you go to a good dentist

Old 11-04-2007, 02:30 PM   #5
(male)

Johnii HB User

If i had to have the tooth taken out what then is the cheapest option to solve it. I heard if temporaries that are like plastic, how much do they cost. I can't afford a few grand for implants but i dont want a gap in my teeth as it's at the front of my mouth.
I'm in the midlands and went to that dentis who charged 95 cos i was desperate cos my tooth was aching. Does each practice charged differently to private patients as i thought there was a standard nhs price list?

Old 11-06-2007, 02:20 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User

i am private with dentist as ,my treatment for my teeth NHS wont touch me

and i paid £69 for a tooth out,but all dentists charge differently ,.which i think is wrong !!

i think dentist over charge ,also i think its all money orientated ,now not care of the patient ,i used to have a brilliant dentist ,he really cared about the patient and not the money,but sadly new dentists came into his practice and forced him into early retirement as they didnt like how long he took on his patients

going back ,to your teeth you can get a good looking false tooth ,if you dont like the tooth dentist does for you ,you can go to a techinician yourself there in yellow pages,and get a good tooth that looks good,as for prices that you would have to enquire and check round

and having one tooth not sure but you probably need to use denture glue to keep it there or wire hooked on to your back teeth

but there again the dentist should be able to tell you how easy it is for one tooth

how about a bridge? it is expensive though ,and it would mean ruining teeth either side of the tooth thats going to be taken out? but you can only have a bridge if your gums are good and you dotn have any infections

i sadly had a bridge but had an infection but my dentist i had who done it shouldnt of done me a bridge also ,made the bridge wrong fitting in my mouth and i had to have it taken out
i had a better bridge done cost me £1,000 for other one but the breidge i had done previously had done too much damage ,that i had to have that bridge taken out,and sadly now got a plate with 3 teeth on it at front

but i do know loads of people who have got bridges and they have been fitted properly and are happy with it ,so i dont want to scare you with my experiences,but just telling you ,so you know they dont always suit everyone
and to make sure you go to a decent dentist if you do have a bridge fitted.
ask questions
are my gums ok ? have you infection there? if so it must be treated first before having a bridge done

i probably think having a bridge is your best option .even though i wouldnt have another one again ,as ive had bad experiences with them

also you can have teeth made of porcaline which look like real teeth but like i said i paid £1,000

good luck hope you get sorted as i know whats it like to lose front teeth
i am now scared because i am having problems with my bottom teeth.through bloody dentists grrrr

and having a plate at bottom is harder to get used too

Closed Thread