It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2007, 04:29 PM   #1
(male)

yamson HB User
Do I really need Atridox for my gums?

I went to the dentist today for a regular checkup, and for the first time since I've been going there (about 2 years) the dentist checked the depth of the gum pockets around my teeth. Most of the depths were 2-3mm, but on some of my back molars I had 4-6mm depths. The dentist recommended a deep cleaning, irrigation, and an antibiotic treatment called Atridox (an antibotic that is injected into the pockets and releases medication over a 7 day period).

Now from what I've read, the Atridox is a good product, but the dentist will charge $255 per quadrant -- the whole treatment will run me almost $1200 (insurance doesn't cover any of the Atridox treatment). Do I really need the Atridox? Will a good deep cleaning and rigorous home care (water pik, mouthwash, etc.) give me the same result? Any help is appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2007, 09:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: Do I really need Atridox for my gums?

Sounds like a way to line your dentist's pockets. I mean if you don't have any kind of infection then what do you need this for, especially if you're having any kind of problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread