It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
(female)

OneCharmedMom HB User
Please help. Need info on medication used in wisdom teeth extraction..

I am having 3 wisdom teeth extracted on Tuesday morning. I have a 12 year old chronic spinal injury that has been treated with various pain medication over the 12 year timespan. Unfortunately my tolerance to pain meds is extremely high and I have had bad experience with oral surgery in the past (I have woken up in the middle of an extraction while supposedly under general).
I was wondering if anyone knows what type of medication the oral surgeon typically uses when they put you under. Is it a cocktail of diffrent meds? Or does it depend on the oral surgeon? Any info would be helpful because I think I may need to speak with them prior to surgery and let them know my history. I have had other surgeries and sadly, some doctors or anesthesiologists do not believe me when I first tell them of my tolerance. They 'whatever' me, until they give me the meds and realize that I am not going under and so they give me another dose and I STILL awake and I tell them "I told you" - after a few more injections I finally go down....when I wake up they come to me and say "you were not kidding".
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Last edited by Administrator; 12-08-2007 at 11:54 AM. Reason: removed brand name

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
(female)

SarahofBorg HB User
Re: Please help. Need info on medication used in wisdom teeth extraction..

OK I went and looked up exactly what they gave me. They gave me various drugs. And as I said in my thread, I was awake anyway during the procedure and I remember the whole thing. But I don't have a history of tolerance to pain meds. I'm on vicodin now and in it's maximum dose it works fine for me.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-08-2007 at 12:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread